Thread: Cloth questions

Default Cloth questions

Hello Im sure there is a topic on this somewhere but couldn't find it.

I've been using cloth again from time to time...

Does anyone have a place to get good quality overnight cloth diapers...

I have Velcro and some covers but I'm thinking they are not the best at absorption...

I use two soakers and the diaper and I still get a leak from time to time.

This has always been the issue with cloth with me...

I want to give them another shot but leaks are not acceptable on a regular basis.

Btw my x plus molicare seem to not leak much if ever overnight.

Any thoughts?

B

I'm a firm believer in flat cloth that you fold and layer to be sufficiently thick, with proper plastic pants over it. For overnight use, I find four layers as a base, and another four layers folded over to make a 12 layer soaker, all of that folded in a kite fold, works really well and will hold damn near everything I can throw at it. The only time I'd need more is if I drank a couple liters of water before bed. It's worth noting that I'm a heavy wetter anyway.

I get most of my stuff from adultclothdiaper.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry i was thinking of trying cloth diapers myself i thought i might of got some advice on which ones i sould try.Must try some other sites if i find any info i will let u know.

I found that if any material sticks out of the plastic pants then the material hanging out or showing will act as an overflow... Try using bigger plastic pants or something that will completely cover you and the cloth at the same time.

I am happy with the cloth pre-folds I purchased from changing times diaper co., good quailty, very absorbent and comfortable. They are a 4x8x4 and what they call a diaper service quality diaper. They are very similar to qauze cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by dondl2 View Post
    I am happy with the cloth pre-folds I purchased from changing times diaper co., good quailty, very absorbent and comfortable. They are a 4x8x4 and what they call a diaper service quality diaper. They are very similar to qauze cloth diapers.
    CTDC was a good vendor. Sadly, it was one guy called Robert that was running the whole show, and he finally just got so overwhelmed he had to close the business. It's a shame too, because he was brilliant to work with and sold good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Any thoughts?
    yep. generally speaking, the only time a trad diaper leaks is when there is simply not enough of it......but that isn't a reason to simply bulk up as it's also important as to where you bulk up.

while i admit to liking having the seemingly standard thickness between the legs, myself, this isn't always a suitable way of adding protection. coverage is a as good as thickness; and this way can also allow trads to be worn less conspicuously during the day.
    obviously though, using a larger diaper to cover a greater area also increases absorbancy.
    and you will also need large enough plackies; i tend to buy 2 sizes above the seller's claimed sizes as you can always tighten the elastics, if need be, but if you've got the diaper right, the slacker elastics matter less and are more comfortable, especially at night.
    the larger size pants (along the larger diaper) also enable the covering of the upper leg which prevents leaks whilst sitting.

as for quality cloth, i simply buy terry-towelling towels from the local haberdasher's. i buy large and cut down if needed; and i've found 'hotel grade' to be the thickest (it may have a different term in the US). bath sheets provide me with 2 diapers which are good enough for daytime use and work out at 6 per diaper.
    the issue of the roughness of terry towelling can be solved by buying 'frost protection fleece' to use as liners (wash first to soften).