Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many tb/dl's are boy scouts?

Default How many tb/dl's are boy scouts?

i just had this thought, that if there are so many tb's and dl's, then how many of us are in boy scouts, because if there were two tb/dl's that were both boyscouts then they might find out that they are near eachother and could meet at a jamboree or even, that they could both be in the same troop. so i waas just wondering how many TB/DL's are in the boy scouts actively, im a life scout btw

markie97

I briefly joined the scouts but found the Army Cadets more fun.
    Sorry, I'm an army cadet. Does that count

I was a Scout Leader for a while, I'm not sure how it is where you're from, but in the UK they're not called boyscouts because girls can join as well! I was a Brownie's leader (after going all the way through Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Young Leadership, and Senior Section), and when the local Beavers group became threatened because they couldn't find a leader I stepped in until one of the parents could get the qualifications to look after them!

I was also in the Navy section of the CCF at school, the local Air Cadets group and for about 9 months was in the Royal Navy Reserves!

Wow, I was a busy beaver when I was slightly younger!!

I joing scouts just before I turned 13 and now I've joined Explorer Scouts which is fun but with my schedule it's hard to go every monday night

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I was a Scout Leader for a while, I'm not sure how it is where you're from, but in the UK they're not called boyscouts because girls can join as well! I was a Brownie's leader (after going all the way through Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Young Leadership, and Senior Section), and when the local Beavers group became threatened because they couldn't find a leader I stepped in until one of the parents could get the qualifications to look after them!

I was also in the Navy section of the CCF at school, the local Air Cadets group and for about 9 months was in the Royal Navy Reserves!

Wow, I was a busy beaver when I was slightly younger!!
    You don't count you only converted last year!
    as for me I did do boy scouts for a bit.

I was a Cub Scout for however long you can be one, maybe 5 years? Then I was a Boy Scout for all of 3 months before I quit, as nobody was going to tell me what to do.

I guess looking back, that was a silly decision on my part. The one camp I went to on the Hood Canal was pretty damned awesome. They had canoes, swimming, archery, and even guns. That was probably the best part for a 14 year old kid.

Does it count if I was in the boy scouts when I was younger and before I became a DL?

i was a boy scout for maybe a year until i beat everyone in derby cars and i got kicked out cause they thought i cheated

Quote Originally Posted by pampersonly View Post
    i was a boy scout for maybe a year until i beat everyone in derby cars and i got kicked out cause they thought i cheated
    I wish that was why I got kicked out. I doubt anyone would take me seriously if I told them actual reason though since it revolves around a particular merit badge I had earned that got put on the wrong uniform :P
    Last edited by Nihlus; 21-Mar-2017 at 03:15. Reason: Removing reference to deleted post

thanks for all the replies, i have been in boy scouts since i was a tiger cub scout and now i am rushing to get out because im almost near my eagle and my social life and lacrossse are more important to me right now but its cool to know that a lot of you guys have tried it