Thread: Zeitgeist- the movie

Default Zeitgeist- the movie

To anyone who's seen this...I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say.
    I found this movie extremely thought-provoking and insightful. However, I think it took some ideas a little to far and relied very heavily on absolute statements about human nature. So anyway, let's hear some opinions. Let's debate!

Oh, and for everyone who hasn't seen it, here's the link: Zeitgeist - The Movie

The movie is a little more than 2 hours long. You may not agree with everything it has to say as it does deal with extremely controversial topics. Regardless, the movie will make you feel something strongly.

Basically made for tool conspiracy theorist who beleive everything that they see on the internet...people who actually consider that this movie has merit are either freaking gullible, or just plain old fashioned idiots.

I agree to the extent that not everything in the movie had factual merit but to dismiss everyone as "plain old fashioned idiots" seems a bit extreme and harsh. each his own.

Part II of the documentary claims 9/11 was engineered to generate mass fear, justify going to war with Afghanistan and Iraq, to remove civil liberties from the general public, and to make more money for the people in power.

NORAD allowed the planes to reach their targets, and that the World Trade Center buildings underwent a controlled demolition

This section also explores the possibility that there is a clandestine movement, promoted by the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, to usurp the American constitution and US dollar, by merging the United States, Canada and Mexico into a North American Union that uses a single currency, the Amero, without the ratification of Congress. This currency union would create a super-state similar to the European Union, which together with the African Union and the proposed Asian Union would gradually be merged into a One World government.
    (A common belief of Illuminati/new world order conspiracy theorists)

he movie concludes that under such a government, every human could be implanted with a RFID microchip which will be used to monitor individuals and suppress dissent
    The whole movie takes everything out of context, and fails to never ONCE cite their sources, and their clarification page was taken down after people proved every 'fact' on it false, which was replaced with a Q&A from the director attacking the critics.

Yeah this movie is definitely true....oh my god! Where's my tinfoil hat!

*Gives Fallen a tinfoil hat* ^^

I think the fist part of the movie about Christianity being based on the solar system and jesus being not the sOn of god but infact the sUn of god very intressting, but then the rest of the movie part 2 & 3 just feels like Conspiracy Theories...

I read the Q&A since I am on dial-up internet. Anyway all the stuff they talking about goes off any bullshit meter I ever owned. I dealt with a few of the 9/11 people who think it was all a inside job just so we can get oil. Only problem with that is we get pretty much none of our oil from the wars we are in right now.