Thread: Referbished ps3

Default Referbished ps3

I'm thinking about going half on a Playstation 3 with my brother. To save a little money we're thinking about going with a Game Stop referbished system. So I ask are they just as good as a new system?

most refurb items are just as good as new but id still ask about a warranty as what entails a refurb is different from manufacturer to manufacturer....some refurbs where simple returns that werent broken and all the company does is clean it up and check it out to make sure there arent defects....some are truly trashed and they refurb the whole never really now so make sure you ask about a warranty...

Yes. Refurbished are completely re-done to be just as brand-new, without being brand-new.

My very own PS3 is refurbished and it works wonders. Just as good as a new PS3.

Regarding warranty.. I have no idea if the warranties are void if you buy a refurbished one, or not.

Try to get the one with the Emotion Engine. They're not as hard to find as people assume and you get nearly 100% backwards compatibility with PS1/2 games (allowed me to play SSX Tricky again <3).
    We've had our refurbished PS3 for months now, switching between PS2 and PS3/Blu-Ray discs and not an issue has occured. Our brand new Xbox 360 is... well less so (says Play DVD with a game disc inside).
    One down side is the exhaust vents do get hot, but that's about it.