Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could own a diaper company.....

Default If you could own a diaper company.....

Well I was just thinking about this, if you could own an entire diaper company what would it be, why, and what direction would you take it in?

I would choose Kimberly-Clark and revamp all their products, Huggies would have plastic backing and range in sizes from newborn-10, Depends would become the highest quality diapers on the market, and I would probably change their name. Goodnights would be made a bit larger and overall better.

I would take whoever makes Pampers and make two big changes: make the leg shape more rounded like actual legs and change the covering from cloth to plastic. I'd also design a new brand for older children and maybe even teens. Basically larger sizes and more mature printing. Well, that or solid colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamalord View Post
    Well I was just thinking about this, if you could own an entire diaper company what would it be, why, and what direction would you take it in?

I would choose Kimberly-Clark and revamp all their products, Huggies would have plastic backing and range in sizes from newborn-10, Depends would become the highest quality diapers on the market, and I would probably change their name. Goodnights would be made a bit larger and overall better.
    aahh *-* *drool* I want!

GoodJams1

I like both ideas, especially referring to the youth sizes.

I would take take Huggies and Pampers and make the Sizes from newborn through adult sizes with same design feel but plastic back maybe have older one have Harry potter or something for teens and Nascar or other adult thing for older people . but I would do special baby looking one for ABDL community with Winnie The Pooh or other baby design on them. however I would put on are company site to choice your own special design diaper print we would have for are customers.

Then i would make test group were we send out samples for people to test diapers to help use improve it would be like mailing list you could sign up and send you month supply to test and review what like and don't and you would send review paper back to us.

Ah but once you own the company and live off the profits you will find your self focused on how to lower costs and sell to a wider market. Really nice diapers for the AB/DL market are not going to make you anywhere near the profits as underbidding Wal-Mart's current supplier with some cheep crap.

I'd own Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget -> SCA -> Tena. I'd improve on the plastic, make them less skin irritating. Also make the plastic water proof! No more leaks! The inside barriers would be greatly improved and glued much better so they last. Finally, I would at least double the absorption and make them pee guzzlers!

Is it pretty uncommon to have zero interest in baby/child diapers? I've never had any interest in them. I potty trained fairly early and had no interest in diapers until my early teens. The earliest thing I remember doing is looking at the incontinence section in the JC Penny catalog. Don't know if anyone else remembers but they used to sell adult diapers. They maybe still do but I haven't seen a JC Penny catalog in a decade. I wonder what brand they sold? I didn't even have a concept them even having a brand at that age. I think the first time I heard a brand name mentioned was Depends and that was much later, probably sometime in the early 00's.

As far as what I would change if I could? The companies that exist already cover all my wants/needs. I think the only thing I would like is more brands that made higher end adult diapers just for the variety. There's still some I want to try, the ATN, Bambino, ABU so there's still some variety out there for me to sample.

GoodJams1

I'm sorry but I don't think that adding an AB/DL line of diapers, is a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodJams1 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't think that adding an AB/DL line of diapers, is a very good idea.
    Oh I dunno, the company that makes Secure diapers seems to be doing just fine with their little ABDL side venture (Bambinos).