Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The pinhole issue, a issue with every diaper? What are your thoughts?

Default The pinhole issue, a issue with every diaper? What are your thoughts?

I have had a bit of bad luck it seems with diapers, first I went through three cases of Abena Extra, every case had the same problem "pinholes", so I decided to switch to another brand, Unique Wellness, experiencing the same thing, so at the moment sticking with the brand that has never let me down Molicare Super Plus. So my question to all you diaper wears out there, do any of you constantly experience this problem? At the moment im trying to find a brand for everyday wear (molicares are just way to expensive to wear full time). My BF wears mediums and has never had the issue, which also raises the question is it only happening to larger sizes? Let me know your thoughts and opinions, they are greatly appreciated! Stay padded and cool guys and gals! This is first btw so I apologize if its too long lol.

Where is the pinhole? And is it in the same place on every Abena?

Also, where are you ordering them from?

I read there was a defective batch of Abenas within the last year, I think there was something about it on XP medical's site. As far as I'm aware it's been fixed. I have a new package wore one last night and had no problems at all.

-Gus

If it was a single pin hole, surly a small piece of tape would plug it.

True duct tape fixes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Berko View Post
    The problem of course is knowing where it's at. Until they leak they can be very hard to spot, unless caused by a high grain of sap.

I got a small batch of bambino in the past that had major sap grain problems. There isn't a hole in the diaper, until you put it on. When cloth rubs on the high point where the grain is, it wears through the plastic quickly.

I've uploaded a photo to my albums that shows my encounter with sap grain bumps: Picture 1 of 1 from misc diaper issues
    Last edited by bambinod; 26-Mar-2011 at 15:43.

I have not had many problems with the Abena's myself, but I had really bad issues with the Unique wellness brief having the SAP too close to the surface on two batches. The unique wellness also had other problems with quality control in the past, so I gave up on them a couple of years ago.

I don't think that the Molicare Super Plus has the SAP filler which is the cause of the pin holes in the plastic.

TO: AgentRoswald
    Oddly enough they were all in the same area of every diaper in the case, they were all concentrated in the middle of the brief, pretty much perfectly in between the lines with the wetness indicator, I can say I havent tried Abena since then, after having a total of four cases do that to me Ive lost faith in Abena, I tend to think when a company makes too many products it loses focus on quality (i prefer quality vs quantity myself lol). I tried the unique wellness and I am having the same problems with them as well, so I suppose I will be sticking with Molicare, just hate the extra cost (going to cost me 160.00 a month for two cases of molicare super plus). What I find odd is that this problem seems more prevalent in the large size! My friend wears mediums and he has NEVER had one do this to him and he wears abenas, just frustrated I guess. Its hard finding a good diaper everyday use (I tend to use my molicare super plus when im going to be out all day), but I guess I shall continue in my my little diaper quest per say lol. Oh and I was ordering from XP Medical, they were really cool about it, I just exchanged my final case of abenas for molicares about two months ago, but ive noticed that almost every large "supposed" good brand (abena, unique wellness) are all having this problem in the large size.

Let me know your thoughts guys, this is my first time ever posting on a site like this, your replies are greatly appreciated! I hope my avatar doesnt scare you all off lol :P

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

TO: Brat
    I used to use them for years until here recently after I had that multiple case problem (I didnt want to keep playing the return game, I didnt want them to think I was cheating or just a complaining customer lol), so I switched to molicares but they are so expensive im still thinking about it. I got a 15% off coupon for unique wellness and figured ah what the hell id give it a try, and of course im having the same problem. I never have this problem with molicare super plus, I noticed you mentioned that you dont think the molicare super plus doesnt have the SAP, is that true? I figured something had to be right about them since they havent failed me, even the molicare classic plus (think depends that look and feel like a molicare lol) dont even have the issue which i think is awesome. But if you have any info on the SAP with molicares please let me know. your opinions and thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Often, regardless of brand, I've encountered some minor pinhole leaks, I can think of only one occasion they were big enough to be a real problem.. turned out to be my fault, nicked it. umm, do you wear a support onsie or anything else that might absorb a bit of pinhole leakage? I'm not fond of pinholes either, but that would do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    TO: AgentRoswald
    Oddly enough they were all in the same area of every diaper in the case, they were all concentrated in the middle of the brief, pretty much perfectly in between the lines with the wetness indicator, I can say I havent tried Abena since then, after having a total of four cases do that to me Ive lost faith in Abena, I tend to think when a company makes too many products it loses focus on quality (i prefer quality vs quantity myself lol). I tried the unique wellness and I am having the same problems with them as well, so I suppose I will be sticking with Molicare, just hate the extra cost (going to cost me 160.00 a month for two cases of molicare super plus). What I find odd is that this problem seems more prevalent in the large size! My friend wears mediums and he has NEVER had one do this to him and he wears abenas, just frustrated I guess. Its hard finding a good diaper everyday use (I tend to use my molicare super plus when im going to be out all day), but I guess I shall continue in my my little diaper quest per say lol. Oh and I was ordering from XP Medical, they were really cool about it, I just exchanged my final case of abenas for molicares about two months ago, but ive noticed that almost every large "supposed" good brand (abena, unique wellness) are all having this problem in the large size.

Let me know your thoughts guys, this is my first time ever posting on a site like this, your replies are greatly appreciated! I hope my avatar doesnt scare you all off lol :P[COLOR="Silver"]
    That is quite surprising! I swear by Abenas and always order mine through XP Medical. XP has always been great to deal with, especially if a problem arises. It does baffle me about the Abenas though. I wear size small and that has never happened. The worst I've ever had happen was the tapes being partially stuck to the diaper at the leg gather. Didn't affect much but was still annoying. Maybe it was just a bad batch.

I would say give Abenas a second try especially since XP Medical will back the product if there are any problems again. But sticking with Molicares is a good choice too...though I know they are just a bit costly.