Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating less, Sleeping more

Default Eating less, Sleeping more

These past couple weeks I've barely been feeling hungry (lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks), and have been sleeping on an average of about 10 hours each day (except Tuesday night where I pulled an all nighter for a test).

Yesterday I went down for a nap at 4PM, and woke up at 1:30AM. I apparently cut my alarm off, and went straight to sleep. Then I went back to sleep, and didn't wake up til 2PM today.

So, yeah wonderful.

Could there be something wrong with me? I don't feel like there is anything else wrong with me, but I don't know what's been going on with me.

So, if anyone has any idea what it could be please reply. Thanks.

I get low appetite a bunch and if I'm exited i don't wanna sleep,
    it seems pretty normal IMO

Are you depressed? Not eating and sleeping a lot are common signs of depression.

Yes, it sounds like depression to me, unless you're coming down with something. I've had a stomach bug this week and haven't felt like eating. But if you are feeling physically well, but sleeping a lot and have no appetite, that's often a sign of depression. Do you feel reasonably happy or do you feel down in the dumps? There will lie your answer.

yeah it makes sense,I'm very depressive so she may have more extreme reactions

Could be what you are eating, or slight depression maybe.
    Although to be honest, I don't think you should be all to worried. Maybe you just sorta had a fluke with your sleeping. It has happened to me before for no reason, and for the whole 10 hour thing, that is a fairly normal length to sleep at.
    Unless you start needing more sleep than that to function I wouldn't worry too much. Try adjusting your diet some, might help.

I was suicidal last semester, but my emotions have been up lately. So I don't feel depressed.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Reasonably happy. Thanks!

I've been more hungry lately, although I'm still very tired. Whatever happened to me is starting to fade. So thanks to everyone for the help!

I did the same exact thing when I was depressed. I would come home from school, go straight to bed, wake up at my actual bedtime, brush my teeth, then sleep more, and never feel like getting up. I also ate less. I didn't realize I was depressed until I had a huge fight with my parents and realized how messed up I was. There's usually a reason for it... it took me a while to figure out the reason I was depressed (turned out to be my previous religion that was causing it).

I'm pretty sure a person will go through at least one depression in their life.