Thread: A question for the IC Folk

Default A question for the IC Folk

Okay so this June I will be starting a new job at a call centre where I will be sitting down 99.9% of the time. I will be stuck to a computer with a 1 hour break and a 1/2 hour break I believe in during which I can change and eat. I am looking for some suggestions as to which diaper I should choose. It needs to be somewhat discreet but I'm not too worried about that. I plan on changing at most every to moderate wettings. Thanks in advance to any light you can shed on this

From what it appears, you are not incontinent, therefore the type of diaper you would need may not be what some of us need. If you can hold back till you take a break to change then a lesser diaper might work. Since I am incontinent, I have to use something really good and which for me it's Abena XPlus.

Depending on how early I start drinking liquids of any type, depends on quickly I end up soaking my diaper. I normally can go my 8 to 10hrs with out changing unless I start drinking to early or to much.

Trial and error is what you will most need to work on. That was all I had in order to figure out what works and doesn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by checkingoutall View Post
    From what it appears, you are not incontinent, therefore the type of diaper you would need may not be what some of us need. If you can hold back till you take a break to change then a lesser diaper might work. Since I am incontinent, I have to use something really good and which for me it's Abena XPlus.

Depending on how early I start drinking liquids of any type, depends on quickly I end up soaking my diaper. I normally can go my 8 to 10hrs with out changing unless I start drinking to early or to much.

Trial and error is what you will most need to work on. That was all I had in order to figure out what works and doesn't for me.
    Thanks. And you're right I'm no IC I'm just looking to take advantage of my working conditions. I won't be working around grease and sweating all day so I might actually be able to be comfortable in one at work. I was actually looking at ordering that exact kind from b4ns to try them out.

you might have better luck in the Diaper Talk portion since, as checkingoutitall said, there is a major difference between incontinence and 'wearing just because' - and since you should already know how long you can go without peeing (then still control over when/if you do or not) then I'm not quite sure why the incontinence forum would be the place to ask such a question when you can pretty much choose anything from a maxi-pad to Dry24/7 or anything inbetween. Your own personal experience should be more than enough to decide on if you want to pee a lot or not. Curiously, what would being around grease change in a decision of what to wear?

Can a mod please move this to the appropriate section?

just the usual warnings that diaper capacity is roughly halved when sitting down unless you enjoy "water moons" on your seat.

Was just thinking, you may even want to invest in a small round chair pillow. Lots of people with sit down jobs use them, and if you do suffer a leak you won't wet the chair.