Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thickest Diaper you've worn?

Default Thickest Diaper you've worn?

Hey everyone, just curious as to what the thickest diaper you've worn was. This can include doubling up and so on. Currently I'm wearing a Classico under a Teddy because the Classico had a tear in it and I didn't want to waste it. Gotta say that's the thickest.

On the rare occasions I decide to actually use a diaper instead of just wearing one and then taking it off unused I've gone a bit nuts. I usually have a few disposables laying around I've worn and re-worn on two or three occasions. I actually did this last night. I'll take one of those pre-worn ones, in this case a Molicare Super Plus, and slash up the plastic. I also find puncturing the padding helps too. I then put one of the Tranquility Super Plus Contour inserts into a Medium Dry 24/7, which are actually a bit too big for me. I ordered 6 samples of the mediums from XP Medical awhile back and the only time I use them is when doubling up like this.

In theory that gives me 166 ounces, 1.2 gallons, or 5 liters of capacity. I don't think you actually get that full capacity though when layering like that.

Last week I managed to wear an entire pack of Depend Pants in one go. That's 16 reasonably thick diapers on top of each other and alternated front and back leading to a very padded bum!

Being Depend pants though they were still useless for a lot of wetting, mainly due to the fact it just leaked around the legs and many layers doesn't help this

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Probably the 12 layer cloth diaper I have on as I write this
    Cloth is the only way to fly!

My thickest would be when I layer up 4 layers of cloth, fold another 8 layers into soakers, and then fold into a kite fold. After all the folding, the middle soaker section is about 28 layers thick. It literally adds about 8 inches to my waistline. Needless to say, I don't go out in public wearing such a diaper, as I don't own any pants or sweats or anything that would go over them.

Such a setup usually lasts me an entire evening plus overnight, and that's when I've been going pretty heavy on the water and beer.

I'd say without doubling? Thickest I've been in is... A Abena M4.

A soaked Bambino under an x-plus. Ended up not even needing the x-plus...

Today i received my order from XP Medical of Abena M4s, Molicare Super Plus, and Dry 24/7. The Dry 24/7 is definitely the thickest diaper I have ever worn and is just plain amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Cloth is the only way to fly!
    Yeah, I'm definitely a convert. I still like my disposable SDKs, but the Velcro cloth diapers I got are incredible! So comfortable. Plus, I love how you can have the cover of your choice.