Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you hire someone if you knew they were a DL

Red face Would you hire someone if you knew they were a DL

I wanted to know if you were a employer and you were hiring and you knew two people both had equal qualities but one was a Diaper lover and the other your average joe. Who would you hire and why?

Also little of topic anyone living in WV? lol

I feel like since this is asked to AB/DL's, it's kind of skewed. But I would go with the DL. No bathroom breaks = Maximum efficiency!!

Also, how would the employer know you're a DL? :P

Obviously there is going to be some bias from a community that generally understands the nature of DLs. Don't forget that to an overwhelmingly large number of even highly educated and intelligent people, the first thing that comes to their mind when talking about ABDL is pedophile.

As someone familiar with this community, I obviously wouldn't hold it against a candidate, however I can't say it wouldn't have an impact for someone unfamiliar. It's certainly not something I would bring up, and at least where I live, it's not something that you can legally be asked about anyway.

I'd also say "two equally qualified candidates" is generally a myth. Who they will be working with should also be a consideration. Someone who fits in great with one group of people might be a terrible fit for another. Most job interviews I've been involved with are more about accessing a persons character over accessing their competency. Being able to competently do the job, and being a good match for a particular team are fairly separate, and I'll generally go for someone who I think is going to get along with everyone and be a good fit over someone who has more technical background. Technical skills can be learnt a lot easier than personal skills (note: I work in the software industry, may be different for other industries).
    Last edited by BoundCoder; 23-Mar-2011 at 23:47. Reason: Grammar fail

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    I wanted to know if you were a employer and you were hiring and you knew two people both had equal qualities but one was a Diaper lover and the other your average joe. Who would you hire and why?

Also little of topic anyone living in WV? lol
    I would lean toward the Diaper lover, even though it would be unfair.

Hey Dante
    I actually live in WV you familiar to the area?

A few factors would need to be present for me to choose the DL over the other candidate. First, the DL can only inform me about it in a purely personal setting outside of work. Second, they can not flaunt the fact that they are a DL. Finally, I have to like them more than the other candidate.

I wouldn't be inclined to hire someone who wore it on his or her sleeve. If the person was appropriately discreet, there's no reason I would ever know.

As an aside, we're not going to worry about very general "who's in WV" kind of questions but please keep public posts general and do not solicit meetings or try to get specifics out of posters.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Obviously there is going to be some bias from a community that generally understands the nature of DLs. Don't forget that to an overwhelmingly large number of even highly educated and intelligent people, the first thing that comes to their mind when talking about ABDL is pedophile.

As someone familiar with this community, I obviously wouldn't hold it against a candidate, however I can't say it wouldn't have an impact for someone unfamiliar. It's certainly not something I would bring up, and at least where I live, it's not something that you can legally be asked about anyway.

I'd also say "two equally qualified candidates" is generally a myth. Who they will be working with should also be a consideration. Someone who fits in great with one group of people might be a terrible fit for another. Most job interviews I've been involved with are more about accessing a persons character over accessing their competency. Being able to competently do the job, and being a good match for a particular team are fairly separate, and I'll generally go for someone who I think is going to get along with everyone and be a good fit over someone who has more technical background. Technical skills can be learnt a lot easier than personal skills (note: I work in the software industry, may be different for other industries).
    I agree with this post entirely. If you're applying to a gig in the corporate world, they presume you're qualified to do the job. The interview is purely to assess your personality and if you'll fit in with the corporate culture and your work group, and if they're lucky or good, they might tease out some other thing that will make you a better fit than another candidate.

And note those words-better fit. Like I said, the presumption is that you're qualified. It's entirely how you'll fit the team and the culture. Whether you're an ABDL won't really play into that unless you come out and say you're an ABDL in the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which ever one came off best in the interview, had the most/best experience and showed the best personal qualities and work ethic. Whether they were DL or not wouldn't affect my decision.

I'm not sure . . . on the one hand I feel like just knowing that they're into the same things I'm into would skew my bias in their favor, while on the other hand I'd be afraid the presence of another DL might somehow increase my risk of exposure. I like to imagine that I'd be the paragon of egalitarianism and give both a fair assessment, but I'm pretty sure it'll have an influence one way or another.

If it really is the kind of DL who just lets everyone know about it, I'd probably steer clear of him just because that's somewhat unprofessional.