Thread: From Days of Yore: Pampers Trainers/Luvs Training Pants

Default From Days of Yore: Pampers Trainers/Luvs Training Pants

Pull-Ups were the original disposable training pants and (I believe) control the lion's share of that market to this day. However, early on, Pampers and Luvs tried their luck at competing with them. Pampers came out with Pampers Trainers, while Luvs created Luvs Training Pants. Both failed and haven't been produced in a while (although Pampers does make Easy-Ups now).

My question is did anyone wear Pampers Trainers or Luvs Training Pants when they were younger? Have any now? I've seen pictures of the Trainers and they looked really cool: kind of thick, colorful blotches of paint and dinosaurs (or am I remembering incorrectly?). However, I have no idea what the version put out by Luvs looked like.

I know I wore:
    Pampers phases for boys

^.^

I'm not really sure when I wore them, I just remember a box of my old baby stuff being thrown out when I was 17. Unfortunately I didn't have the nerve to snag the pair of plastic pants I saw there or look through it. It seemed like it was mainly a storage box though.

Not sure about the trainers, but I have an old pack of luvs sleep drys, one of the first non goodnites bedwetter pants. They are plain white though.

I bought a few packs back in the day. I probably still have some I have 6 storage tubs of old diapers in storage and I tried to keep at least 1 of every style diaper I ever bought.

GoodJams1

I've bought the Pampers Trainers before, but I can't remember if I ever bought the Luvs training pants.

We don't even get Luvs over here T.T so no on that one, but when I was potty trained, I apparently skipped Trainers/Pull-Ups completely.

I vaguely remember having some form of Pull-Ups when potty training in the early 90s. I also remember that, after I was potty trained, I wore Gerber potty training pants for underwear, probably just in case I had an accident.

I had some form of training pants maybe around 93/94. I remember they had baseball bats and gloves on them.

When did pull-ups first come out?

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty View Post
    I had some form of training pants maybe around 93/94. I remember they had baseball bats and gloves on them.

When did pull-ups first come out?
    1989, according to Wikipedia.

I tried the Pampers Trainers back in 1994 or so...I was 16 at the time and barely fit into them...they were nowhere as nice as the Pull-Ups of the same era...