Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning sign of urge incontence?

Default Warning sign of urge incontence?

I am starting to get abit concerned as I noticed as of late, I am having allot of times where I go from not having to use the restroom at all to completely out of the blue, having to go REALLY badly and nearly going to urinate on myself. I been having to deal with it at work and I am struggling badly to not to go on myself >_>. I am actually starting to consider wearing diapers at work as a precautionary measure. As much as I like diapers, I am still nervous about that idea.

I just wonder if that might be a warning sign of incontinence? I don't know anything about incontinence so I wouldn't know sadly , and I hear that incontinence can be caused by many things.

Booger

And before you were not incontinent?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBrow View Post
    And before you were not incontinent?
    No, as far as I am aware of. The most I can think of is way back when I was 6 years old, I did have issues well, with messing myself as I couldn't even tell when I was going ^^;;;, but that eventually stopped overtime as I grew up.

Booger

Then I would say go ahead and use those diapers at work to potty train yourself back on track before you actually have incontinence and quit wearing them once you are able to hold it in again and keep wearing in moderation afterwards. If you use diapers frequently to go in them, there's a better chance of becoming incontinent, and since you have had accidents in the past, you're probably encouraging the previous condition. Unless you actually want to become incontinent and use diapers for the rest of your life, I'd act now and start training that bladder.

Then I would say go ahead and use those diapers at work to potty train yourself back on track before you actually have incontinence and quit wearing them once you are able to hold it in again and keep wearing in moderation afterwards. If you use diapers frequently to go in them, there's a better chance of becoming incontinent, and since you have had accidents in the past, you're probably encouraging the previous condition. Unless you actually want to become incontinent and use diapers for the rest of your life, I'd act now and start training that bladder.
    Well, I wouldn't say I have issues with "potty training" per se, its just I start to have sudden urges to have to severely urinate at random times >_<. Outside of that, I can control it just fine. And sadly, I don't wear diapers that greatly often as I used to (just don't have many of them, and the ones I do have are some Depends and with my father around more often, I am nervous about ordering more online) so that isn't as much of a factor.

And I rather wear diapers on my own accord and not be incontinent ^^;. I rather it just my diaperfur character be incontinent and not my actual self ^^;.

Urge incontinence is a sudden urge to go such that you cannot make it to the bathroom in time. Incontinence itself is a symptom. It could be something you've eaten or drank. It could be a disease, a neurological condition or irritation of the bladder. Best bet is to go to the doctor and get it checked out. By the way, you cannot make yourself incontinent by wearing diapers more frequently.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by DA360 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say I have issues with "potty training" per se, its just I start to have sudden urges to have to severely urinate at random times >_<. Outside of that, I can control it just fine. And sadly, I don't wear diapers that greatly often as I used to (just don't have many of them, and the ones I do have are some Depends and with my father around more often, I am nervous about ordering more online) so that isn't as much of a factor.

And I rather wear diapers on my own accord and not be incontinent ^^;. I rather it just my diaperfur character be incontinent and not my actual self ^^;.
    I believe I misread then. Are you still able to make it to the bathroom whenever these urges come on?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Urge incontinence is a sudden urge to go such that you cannot make it to the bathroom in time. Incontinence itself is a symptom. It could be something you've eaten or drank. It could be a disease, a neurological condition or irritation of the bladder. Best bet is to go to the doctor and get it checked out. By the way, you cannot make yourself incontinent by wearing diapers more frequently.
    My mistake.

I believe I misread then. Are you still able to make it to the bathroom whenever these urges come on?

My mistake.
    Its ok =3, and I am but barely when it happens at work >_>. I am usually struggling to not to urinate before I get to the bathroom... Thankfully when it happens at home, my room is next to the bathroom.

And maybe I should get a checkup from a doctor, especially if the sudden urges get worse.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by DA360 View Post
    Its ok =3, and I am but barely when it happens at work >_>. I am usually struggling to not to urinate before I get to the bathroom... Thankfully when it happens at home, my room is next to the bathroom.

And maybe I should get a checkup from a doctor, especially if the sudden urges get worse.
    I agree with Spaz. In the meantime, wear a diaper as a precaution until you can get an appointment

I also suggest that you get a medical checkup. What you're describing is the symptoms of "overactive bladder." When you can't get to the bathroom before you start wetting, then it's urge incontinence. There are a number of prescription drugs that are supposed to reduce or eliminate the symptoms of overactive bladder. These drugs actually help many people, but keep in mind that the people who hang out around incontinence forums are generally the people whom the drugs did not help. Those who are helped often find other interesting places to hang out.