Thread: I want to play the cello...

Default I want to play the cello...

Don't ask me why, but I've recently become REALLY interested in the cello, and I really want to get one and learn it.

I'm hoping that someone here has played the cello before and can give me some advice on both buying and playing one. I've been looking at electric cellos (I'd like to remain on speaking terms with my neighbors thank you!) but knowing little about the instrument I don't know if this is a good starter instrument.

Anyone help out?

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBass View Post
    Don't ask me why, but I've recently become REALLY interested in the cello, and I really want to get one and learn it.

I'm hoping that someone here has played the cello before and can give me some advice on both buying and playing one. I've been looking at electric cellos (I'd like to remain on speaking terms with my neighbors thank you!) but knowing little about the instrument I don't know if this is a good starter instrument.

Anyone help out?
    I used to play the cello. Got forced into it by both my parents and the school.

It is really easy to play. The one thing is you must play in a room with a carpet. The spike will slip on a tiled floor or scratch a wood floor... I hate the sound of it on its own when practicing, But it is much better when playing together with other instruments.

And Durham, Not far from me

ANYTHING will be easier than the violin....damn I hate that thing.

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBass View Post
    ANYTHING will be easier than the violin....damn I hate that thing.
    Well its similar to the violin. Its just bigger and you play it in a different position.