Thread: What to excpect?

Default What to excpect?

Okay, so I've been a bedwetter as long as I can remeber. I stopped around 13 but it cam back about a year ago, and I'm 16 now. I am going to the doctor soon for it, and I was just wondering what I should expect. Its a regular doctor, not a urologist or anything like that. Anybody else have any experiences they can share with me? thanks in advanced

I can't say I have any personal history akin to your situation, but I do have a good idea of what the doctor might do.

He'll probably start off with some questions: have you had any stress lately? Any changes in your diet, activities, home life, anything at all? Try to be open and just list off whatever comes to mind. Given your history of bedwetting until only a few years ago, he'll probably think it's related to stress and not anything too serious. The most awkward question you might get is if you've been abused at all, in any way.

There will probably a be a brief physical exam, but it won't be very invasive, just a few pokes and prods around your bladder and genital area to make sure there's nothing obvious causing problems.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I wet the bed every night until age 16, I have been to the doctor many times for it and everything he tried didn't work. He gave me these pills that were supposed to stop urine production during sleep I think, I don't exactly remember what they did, but I do remember that they didn't work. So what you could expect? I don't exactly know, he may ask questions and try to figure out the problem. Just don't worry about it, all he wants to do is help figure out the cause and find a solution. Good luck and have a nice day/night

Thanks guys! I was just worried that it would be something completely awful :p. you guys put my mind at ease.

Your first visit may not be that big of a deal. There should be lots of questions they will ask of you, may have to change eating and drinking habits, may ask you to keep a diary of fluid intake and out take, so for the first visit it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just be open and honest with every question they ask you so they can help figure out what might be causing your night wetting.