Thread: Windows Recovery Console not working

Default Windows Recovery Console not working

My recovery disk set I created now says it is not made for my laptop is the only set I have for my laptop, no, I'm not mistaken. When I tap F11 at start up (boot screen, where the HP logo appears), it should go into the recovery console, but it does nothing.

Start>All programs>System Recovery>PC Recovery: Using this will wipe my hard drive, which is what I want to do. HP instructed me to click on "PC Recovery" in the menu that comes up, which should then restart (it does) and boot to the recovery console...Nope.

I booted into Safe Mode, ran numerous virus scans, nothing. Any help!? I am dieing here...I need to have my computer running at its best before the weekend is out...which means I need to reformat, please help me.

Lots of times these days you get a recovery partition as well. Are you sure you don't have one of those? Personally, I took my recovery partition and stored the image on a large external HDD, just in case my laptop HDD dies.

How new is it? I just bought an HP Pavilion not too long ago and it has the recovery partition on the harddrive.