Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so embarassed- accident at hospital appointment.

Default I am so embarassed- accident at hospital appointment.

Today was the day I had an ultrasound appointment at hospital, and it required having a full bladder (not fun) because it was a pelvic ultrasound. With my issues with wetting, this was easier said than done. Especially as I had to undress my bottom half leaving me without my usual protection, something which I told the nurse.

Now for this ultrasound the nurse had to put a lot of pressure down on my bladder, so the probe would reach down far enough for a clear picture. Long story short, it caused me to wet the bed and part of the floor. I was embarrassed and kept apologising time and time again, but the nurse just said it was OK and that I could go to the changing room and put my nappy back on.

Damn, that was embarassing...

Given the circumstances and what was involved, I would imagine that they would be very used to that sort of thing happening. From what you describe, it's almost as if they'd be surprised if that didn't happen... I really wouldn't worry about it

*hugs* we all have little accidents from time to time, as said before they must be used to things like that and a lot worse. Do not worry :3

I'd hate something like that happening. I almost wet myself last night because someone got up and was running water. It translated in my dream to me using the bathroom.

If it makes you feel any better, there are probably more cases of this happening than those people care to count. Full bladder + pressure on the area usually has only one outcome.

I hate ultrasounds anyway...sticky jelly and being poked with that little thing they use to 'see' inside you...no thank you!

Well I'm back home and in a (now a little wet) diaper. I possibly should have asked for a bed pad to be put on the bed before they started prodding me.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBass View Post
    Today was the day I had an ultrasound appointment at hospital, and it required having a full bladder (not fun) because it was a pelvic ultrasound. With my issues with wetting, this was easier said than done. Especially as I had to undress my bottom half leaving me without my usual protection, something which I told the nurse.

Now for this ultrasound the nurse had to put a lot of pressure down on my bladder, so the probe would reach down far enough for a clear picture. Long story short, it caused me to wet the bed and part of the floor. I was embarrassed and kept apologising time and time again, but the nurse just said it was OK and that I could go to the changing room and put my nappy back on.

Hey ^-^ dont feel bad, it happens to the best of us.

I've had my fare share of uh ohs during hospital examinations... and i typically get totally embarassed and pretty much in tears but yea know... after abits even though it sucks you gotta rememeber

A: its not ur fault

B: they understand and its prone to happen to us incon folks

C: and its not like there not understanding

So... :3 it sucks n stuff but just... suck it up and keep struttin on by *giggles*.

:P dont let it get to yea to bad.

Yeah, nothing I could do about it given the circumstances. It felt good getting the fresh nappy on afterwards.

I agree with others... don't feel bad. It does happen. Same here, I hate ultrasounds. I had one recently to check up on my heart (just routine check to ensure there is no underlying diseases or problems).

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBass View Post

Hi

I think you are not the only one who that happens to.

I had a similar kindey scan two weeks ago and the appointment was running late and I ended up doing a very similar thing.

People in the hospital have seen and experienced everything. But I understand your feelings.