Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't usually do this on a first date . . .

Default I don't usually do this on a first date . . .

. . . but I just have to admit up front that I love diapers. *sigh*, I never was good at keeping secrets.

I made an account for this forum a few months back, but never really cared to do much more than lurk (and oh how I did lurk!). With real life barreling toward me, I figured I should introduce myself and get involved as much as possible before I've no free time left.

I try my best to be polite and friendly; I just think it's a total bummer when people don't get along and have fun. Pretty much anyone who knows me would call me silly, overly energetic and maybe too lackadaisical when it comes to responsibility.

Somehow, though, I'm still doing well and passing through medical school, which more or less takes up all my time. Most of the rest of my time is dominated by my fiancÚ, whom I love dearly. Outside of those two things, I try to maintain a semblance of a social life . . . who am I kidding, I'm a total computer nerd.

Oy, I never was good at talking about myself.

Overall, I'm just excited to be part of the community, and when you guys feel it's time to fill me in on the secret plan to overthrow society, I'm ready.

That's what I did on my first date with my now fiancee. Been together for 7 years and it was the best decision I made.
    We all get into that mode of lurking around here, especially in the chats. It just happens. Like you mentioned, school, and life in general gets in the way as it should.

That's pretty awesome, kite. Sometimes I wonder if my lady would have had the open mindedness to handle it in the beginning . . . buuut then again we were both 15 so that could have ended poorly.

I'm glad to hear there's a healthy focus on the rest of life around here, all the other sites I've visited are rather one dimensional.

Hey Buckeye,

Looks like all that lurking really paid off, that was a great introduction! I hope the time you manage to find for us in your busy scheduel will be pleasant.

~~Near

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Buckeye, welcome to the site. I like your personality already. By the way - Buckeye - does that mean you are from Ohio, the Buckeye State?

Welcome to the site buckeye. I met my wife in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. I'm guessing you know where that is...haha. Anyway, medical school! That would take some time out of one's off time schedule. As for me, I work two jobs and try to write when not working. Time is always a precious commodity.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll be sure to stick around, near!

I am indeed from Ohio (who else would choose to associate with a poisonous nut). Can't say I've been to Cuyahoga falls though. Also, what kind of writing do you do, dogboy?

I was going to respond to each of you by PM but it turns out I can't do that quite yet. There's still the risk that I'm a scammer I guess. Well, I guess I'll just have to take my royal African funds elsewhere. . .

I wondered when you were going to appear young prince of Nigeria. Just in case you're wondering, that check you sent me didn't clear. So yeah, still waiting on that $1,000...

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye87 View Post
    I was going to respond to each of you by PM but it turns out I can't do that quite yet. There's still the risk that I'm a scammer I guess. Well, I guess I'll just have to take my royal African funds elsewhere. . .
    Mhm, being a contributor unfortunetly has it's inconvenients (most of them not in place when I joined ). As I'm sure you can imagine, we get more that our fair share of spammers, trolls and creepers here, and the restrictions put on new members is an unfortunate side effect (you can think of it as a probation period, I guess). Don't worry, your name shall be shaded of green soon - for more details you may read this.

I'm quite pleased to hear you plan on sticking arround, by the way ^^

~~Near

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye87 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll be sure to stick around, near!

I am indeed from Ohio (who else would choose to associate with a poisonous nut). Can't say I've been to Cuyahoga falls though. Also, what kind of writing do you do, dogboy?

I write scary stories. I've got two on this site, but they're buried. The more resent one is "Werewolf" and the other is "Going Home", a story about a depressive 16 year old boy who becomes a vampire, much to his mother's surprise. My big work is a kid's novel, about a family that must move in with the Great Aunt who lives in the world's most haunted house in the world's most haunted town. There's a reason for all of this that dates back to the town's pre-revolutionary war beginnings. I've been working on it for over two years. Sadly, I work two jobs, so time is scarce.