Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese tsunami victim pranksters getting smashed by the media O_O

Default Japanese tsunami victim pranksters getting smashed by the media O_O

So...

Looks like some of the people who have been making some rather cruel statements are getting punished.

Examples?

Gilbirt godfreed- the parrot from aladin... the aflac bird voice... got fired after making a joke on i think tweeted? or some kind of crap a joke along the lines of "well, my japanese wife left me, but thats okay because another one should be floating by shortly."

*facepalm*

And then theres some college girl who was bashing all the asians on her youtube page stating they were all on their phones in the library saying "bing bong ching chong" trying to check on their relatives and disrupting her studying. Apparently the college is choked and i believe they probably tossed her out.

Anyways how do people feel about all this?

Personally i think gilbert probably should of thought about the fact 70% of the business the aflac company gets is from japan before he starts making tsunami jokes lol. But on a serious note it really is very disrespectful to see people acting so ignorantly and detatched about issues like this. I think part of it may have to do with the amount of like death thats portrayed by the media so people dont take the stuff seriously anymore and there feelings are numbed but i think its really kinda sad.

But on the other hand i dont really think the people actually ment ill about it. I know gilbert was very snappy about making a formal apology but due to his line of work you know he was screwed... however the college bitch was nasty. People confronted her, claimed it was disrespectful, racist, made fun of her and like ripped apart her videos but she still made a second video more specifically slamming tsunami victims before college officials stepped in and started threatening her education kinda thing...

Idk... people are cruel.

cruel -> yes, moral standards -> non excistent, freedom of speech -> aye!

Quote Originally Posted by Zowie19 View Post
    cruel -> yes, moral standards -> non excistent, freedom of speech -> aye!
    Speech isnt free though :P Specially not to international organizations like colleges and insurance companies whos main bankage is international business.

Gilbert Godfreed is a comedian who made a joke.
    Let me ask: if he were Japanese and had said the same thing, would it be as bad?
    On that subject, what's shakin'?

The girl, on the other hand, was just being racist. Big difference there.

I chuckled because someone commented that Gilbert Gottfried should change his name to Gilbert "Gott-fired". He's always abrasive, loud and obnoxious. (One of the reasons he was perfect for playing a parrot!) It's his personality. Was it dumb? Yeah. Should he have kept his yap shut? Probably.

I heard about the other one. I have no words to describe that. :P

I honestly kept shaking my head at people online early the morning after the tsunami..."We only got three foot waves! Ha!"...then later in the day "Ten foot waves washed away the marina!" Oh, really? If I were a troll I would have taken that moment to blurt out a 'U mad?' Not because of the damage...just because of their stupidity at not realizing it takes hours for something like that to cross the Pacific ocean.
    Last edited by CuddleWoozle; 16-Mar-2011 at 02:15. Reason: heads? When did CuddleWoozle get two of them?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    Speech isnt free though :P Specially not to international organizations like colleges and insurance companies whos main bankage is international business.
    It doesn't matter, he had a right to make a joke about japan and I actually got a chuckle out of it. If Aflac wants to fire him that's fine and Aflac and Gilbert to work out by themselves.

But I am impressed that somebody has the balls to make a "too soon" joke. This world stops for nothing. Not you if your grandma dies or for japan if it's north east coast got wiped out. Presently at this given time I am sure someone is being tortured and/or killed in Liyba, and nothing is really being done to stop that.

I never said it was bad or illegal, i was saying it wasnt smart given the fact the company is based out of japan so it wouldnt end well for him lol. I actually thought it was mildly funny and im japanese to boot :P but that being said it wasnt the smartest marketing decision.

I'm usually one of those ultra politically correct people, but I thought the Gilbert guy's joke was mildly amusing.

The girl, however... That did make me angry. If I were an animal, I would be baring my teeth and growling right now. I'll get over it in a couple seconds, but I will never think that was funny.

Maybe if she said it in an ironic manner it would be alright, but she was serious about it (or at least, that's how it seemed to me). That just screams of racism.