Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying tips

Default buying tips

recently I have had so many failed attempts at buying where I get there and its really busy or I just bottle it and dont end up getting any. I get so nervous my question is how can I become more confident and actually get some diapers?

Ah, ... well... it ain't easy for sure - if you're nervous about it.

Try to get to a store where there is hardly a chance of running into someone you know... prepare by taking a large enough back pack / duffle / ... along so you don't have to tote the diapers around visibly....

and then: Go in, grab the diapers, no matter what, act "normal" - and no one will care, believe me.
    been there ... done that... and got the diapers

I've been a bedwetter all through my teens (till I was like 17)... and when it was over (The bedwetting), for which I am glad, I still had some strong desire to wear diapers... anyhow - after a while I just went to the same store my mum used to by the diapers for me (a local med-supply store) and got some diapers.
    man, I was nervous,.. but it worked out well and no one really bothered...

so good luck!

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Ah, ... well... it ain't easy for sure - if you're nervous about it.

Try to get to a store where there is hardly a chance of running into someone you know... prepare by taking a large enough back pack / duffle / ... along so you don't have to tote the diapers around visibly....

and then: Go in, grab the diapers, no matter what, act "normal" - and no one will care, believe me.
    been there ... done that... and got the diapers

I've been a bedwetter all through my teens (till I was like 17)... and when it was over (The bedwetting), for which I am glad, I still had some strong desire to wear diapers... anyhow - after a while I just went to the same store my mum used to by the diapers for me (a local med-supply store) and got some diapers.
    man, I was nervous,.. but it worked out well and no one really bothered...

so good luck!
    In summary, as I've mentioned in another thread, just go and get it over with. It's your money you're paying them, so why should they care if it is good for business? People might be wandering around, sure, but they're not going to immediately assume you are some kind of perverted freak unless you stand around panting like a moron at the diapers.

Make sure before hand you know your waist measurements so you know what size diaper to get, then go and stride in there, get a pack and find a young cashier of the opposite sex and pay your cash. I find it easier to tote my stash around in my backpack instead of a supplied bag, since there will be more secrecy if you just supply yourself a discreet carrier.

I know I’m making this sound easy. Certainly this is going to take some balls, but how are you ever going to learn if you never try? The more you do it, I guarantee the more confidence you will receive.

Also, before you go and buy, be sure to pick out a secret space to store your diapers so no one can find it and flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimousdl View Post
    recently I have had so many failed attempts at buying where I get there and its really busy or I just bottle it and dont end up getting any. I get so nervous my question is how can I become more confident and actually get some diapers?
    1. Try not to think about it too big before going to buy. Yes it is a pretty big thing especially if you are new to having diapers but this will only make you more nervous.

2. Get in and out quickly, the longer you linger in the store the more likely you are to lose confidence and fail your purchase. Have an idea of what you want, go to the isle where it is located, and proceed to the checkout.

3. If you are nervous doing this then distracting yourself can help a great deal. I know that I would talk to people(or myself) on my cell phone when getting the diapers. I also found that buying a bottled drink and sipping it if you have to wait in line at the checkout helps a great deal to calm your nerves. If the cashier makes smalltalk entertain it. It is unlikely that they will mention the diapers, none of them ever have in my experience.

4. If you can realize that everybody is more interested in their own life than the random person buying nappies in line in front of them it will go a long way to boosting your confidence.

edit:

The more you do this the easier it gets, I remember chickening out sooooo many times when I first started buying diapers until I finally got them and it felt like such a great victory over my fears.

Now I can just walk into my local babies R us and get baby items without breaking a sweat or anybody raising an eyebrow. =)

It gets better with time and practice, just like everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    1. Try not to think about it too big before going to buy. Yes it is a pretty big thing especially if you are new to having diapers but this will only make you more nervous.

2. Get in and out quickly, the longer you linger in the store the more likely you are to lose confidence and fail your purchase. Have an idea of what you want, go to the isle where it is located, and proceed to the checkout.

3. If you are nervous doing this then distracting yourself can help a great deal. I know that I would talk to people(or myself) on my cell phone when getting the diapers. I also found that buying a bottled drink and sipping it if you have to wait in line at the checkout helps a great deal to calm your nerves. If the cashier makes smalltalk entertain it. It is unlikely that they will mention the diapers, none of them ever have in my experience.

4. If you can realize that everybody is more interested in their own life than the random person buying nappies in line in front of them it will go a long way to boosting your confidence.

edit:

The more you do this the easier it gets, I remember chickening out sooooo many times when I first started buying diapers until I finally got them and it felt like such a great victory over my fears.

Now I can just walk into my local babies R us and get baby items without breaking a sweat or anybody raising an eyebrow. =)

It gets better with time and practice, just like everything else.
    I totally agree 100% with all of this advice.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimousdl View Post
    Thanks for The advice
    Glad to be of help.

When I went shopping for my first diapers, I was extremely nervous. However, once I actually bought the diapers, I found the whole experience to be quite thrilling in hindsight. It's like riding a roller coaster - it's scary at first, but once the ride is over, it's amazing.

Get in and get out, dont' stall for no reason.

Don't give 2 crap about what others think. It's your life, it's your money, you can do what you wish with it, if others don't approve, who cares, it's not their life.

Don't have a negative outlook such as pulling the "what if" and "what if this person sees me" crud, it messes with your psyche.

The biggest mistakes alot of people make are the above, so avoid them at all costs. By acting out and being nervous, you draw attention to yourself for no reason, and give people a reason to get suspicious about you.