Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Already wetting during the night, starting to have big accidents during the day...and my family are getting annoyed.

Default Already wetting during the night, starting to have big accidents during the day...and my family are getting annoyed.

I'm heading off to the doctor again about this, so I'm not looking for any medical advice or anything, but something which is a little more personal.

Anyway, to give the story, I've been bedwetting for ages and now I've began wetting during the day too. Only little amounts mind you, and I've been wearing protection, including nappies and pads, for ages now during the day.

Major problem is that my family, who'd previously tolerated and even helped my bedwetting problems are now growing increasingly annoyed at me, and have even now argued and screamed at me for 'being a baby' and words to that effect.

I'm just wondering, is there any way I can make them understand I'm not just doing this on purpose and that I actually have a problem? Major problem is that I've been seriously ill in the past and they've never taken me seriously.

Help?

Well I'm sorry to be blunt but yor an adult arn't you? Your family shouldn't be the ones to deal with your problem.
    You said your going to the doctor about this so either the doctor should find out what's wrong or... Well theres only one other option. Diapers.
    To me it sounds like a bladder infection. It could have only been starting to affect you a while ago and now it could be worse. I don't know I'm not a urologist but it sounds a lot like what iv heard before about bladder infections. I cant really give any advice here though, but good luck at getting it sorted and I'm sure it will work out for you in the end

Well the whole thing about making me fell bad is only serving to make the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBass View Post
    I'm heading off to the doctor again about this, so I'm not looking for any medical advice or anything, but something which is a little more personal.

Anyway, to give the story, I've been bedwetting for ages and now I've began wetting during the day too. Only little amounts mind you, and I've been wearing protection, including nappies and pads, for ages now during the day.

Major problem is that my family, who'd previously tolerated and even helped my bedwetting problems are now growing increasingly annoyed at me, and have even now argued and screamed at me for 'being a baby' and words to that effect.

I'm just wondering, is there any way I can make them understand I'm not just doing this on purpose and that I actually have a problem? Major problem is that I've been seriously ill in the past and they've never taken me seriously.

Help?
    If your family is too dull to realize that incontinence is a legitimate medical condition that you have, then I don't think you should concern yourself with appeasing their unreasonable demands.

Go to a doctor and get a diagnosis, odds are you will be very grateful to either discover what is causing your incontinence or possible ways to improve your condition.

Have you been to the doctor before? If the problem is that they think you're faking, maybe you should have a family member you're close to (mother?) go with you to this appointment. With luck, that would tell them that the problem is real and you are seeking medical help for it. If that doesn't help any (or hasn't already), I personally can't think of much else that would convince them; I hate to be pessimistic about it, sorry. Bottom line I would say is what do they have to be annoyed about? Are they buying your diapers or doing your laundry? If you are completely self-sufficient on the issue, I fail to see how or why they should be annoyed. That being said, I know family dynamics are complicated and that its easier said than done. I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Have you been to the doctor before? If the problem is that they think you're faking, maybe you should have a family member you're close to (mother?) go with you to this appointment. With luck, that would tell them that the problem is real and you are seeking medical help for it. If that doesn't help any (or hasn't already), I personally can't think of much else that would convince them; I hate to be pessimistic about it, sorry. Bottom line I would say is what do they have to be annoyed about? Are they buying your diapers or doing your laundry? If you are completely self-sufficient on the issue, I fail to see how or why they should be annoyed. That being said, I know family dynamics are complicated and that its easier said than done. I wish you the best.
    At first, I could understand the annoyance of having to wash the sheets every night and loads of underwear, but now I'm actively trying to do something about it, I don't know.

This doesn't sound like a nice or easy thing you have to deal with here. If they know that you’re having problems like this then you really shouldn't have to deal with all this from them. After all things like this is support not extra pressure as well.

Maybe I'm lucky in that in the family I've not been the only person with bowel issues and because of that what I'm going through at the moment has been understood. Sense I was able to be more honest about things some of the stress lifted and accidents a little less and also easier to cope with. I wish people weren't so closed minded and understand that these things happen. Insults and being called a baby in such a way does no one any good.

I think the best thing to do is what you are doing and that's seeing a doctor again. Hopefully it'll help with understanding what's going on and also they can see that this isn't your fault and not just something you’re saying and faking, but the fact that this isn't something you can help.

All the best in getting somewhere with this.

I am so sorry your family are indifferent to your predicament. Use adisc as a sounding board but please do ensure you explain to your doctor. S/he will take you seriously.

Cheers guys for all the help/support.

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    This doesn't sound like a nice or easy thing you have to deal with here. If they know that you’re having problems like this then you really shouldn't have to deal with all this from them. After all things like this is support not extra pressure as well.
    Well it's like a circle of events. I'm wetting, which is getting them all mad, which is in turn making the wetting worse, especially as I tend to worry a lot anyway and this pressure only adds to that.

Maybe I'm lucky in that in the family I've not been the only person with bowel issues and because of that what I'm going through at the moment has been understood. Sense I was able to be more honest about things some of the stress lifted and accidents a little less and also easier to cope with. I wish people weren't so closed minded and understand that these things happen. Insults and being called a baby in such a way does no one any good.
    Well the bedwetting is something which runs in the family and so this probably meant that they were more accepting of it.
    But I honestly can't get it through to them that the daytime accidents aren't something I'm not doing anything about. I've tried being honest and telling them straight, I've tried just hiding it away, I've tried more intermediate approaches.

I think the best thing to do is what you are doing and that's seeing a doctor again. Hopefully it'll help with understanding what's going on and also they can see that this isn't your fault and not just something you’re saying and faking, but the fact that this isn't something you can help.

All the best in getting somewhere with this.
    I'm with a good doctor. Hopefully that will help my situation.