Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of quitting and ending... Too improbable?

Default Thinking of quitting and ending... Too improbable?

Hey all,

I've come to a conclusion, that I don't like diapers... But yet I do.
    I am only attracted to them sexually, and I don't know why. Sometimes when I get them I wear them for comfort and/or convenience - nothing sexual.
    But lately, I've been thinking, that liking diapers is really inconvenient. It just is.
    There is the pain of being secretive, and lying everywhere. Buying the diapers and going through the hassle of nearly spewing anxiety everywhere (Though I must admit that I am getting better), and also the fact that you have to hide them, and when you use them, sneek around, clean yourself discretely, then hold on to the used diapers until you are ready to throw them out.
    Right now, I am becoming more confident and am starting to see people for the courtship process. Diapers would only put a damper on the situation.
    Diapers are just generally unsanitary, and unsafe. For men and women, they can cause unwanted heat, which causes sweat (For men, heat can damage testicles, and they should really be freer anyway). When used, there is no doubt about the health issues. You also begin to smell, most of the time. I have undergone a drastic change in my view about diapers.
    I used to think "eh, I'm all right. Liking diapers is no bother to anyone else. I like them, why should I care what others think?" but lately I've been agitated with the idea of diapers, and sometimes feel dread when I remember all the times when I nearly got caught, actually getting caught a few times in various situations, etc. Just a blanket of dread thinking I'll have to keep doing that, and the constant doubts and reassurances in my head that I am already caught or not! It's a battle. Not to mention the fear that my parents already know, and they are keeping it quiet, yet thinking I am some kind of pedophile! (Which is not true, and not true of many diaper lovers (except the ones on the damn news lately <_<))

I need to grow up.

Now, I am not denying or discriminating anyone who would like to wear diapers out of comfort, fetish, etc. If you want to, go ahead, but I need to move on.
    Perhaps its the current situation in my life, but I feel like I would feel the same no matter what my lifestyle would be. There is universal dismal I have to diapers, now.

Does anyone have any clues, ideas, or tips to getting rid, hushing, quelling, or ending this fetish of mine?
    I know all the arguments:
    "Embrace yourself! This is who you are! This is a part of you! Love yourself! You can't just stop!" etc. etc.
    Please...
    Thank you.

If it's a true fetish, I don't think it will just "go away," and you'll continue to get urges anyway. I can say that from experience in my own life. You can quit, of course, but your desires are never truly going to disappear.

From your post, it sounds like you're still a kid. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if so, because eventually you will be on your own and what you do or don't do will be up to you entirely. You shouldn't have to worry about getting caught, and trust me, if your parents already do know, they don't care. There are so many horror stories on this site about getting sent to psychologists or being prohibited to use the internet that I can't help but think that people who are against this lifestyle are vehemently against it. In other words, if they know, your parents are apathetic at worst.

I wish you the best in your future endeavors, but I really don't think this is going to work.

It's true though dude, you can't stop no matter how hard you try...the desire WILL come back and it will make it worse on you. I've tried to battle the desire for a long time, nothing I can do. It has bothered me for a long time believe me! I mean...it's a simple desire to wear diapers...you'd think it would be easy to repress and not think about, but it definitely isn't easy, not one bit. I'm on a big binge right now and I want to wear so bad, but I don't want to spend money on any right now and since I still live at home... the fear of being discovered. UGHH!! IT'S KILLING ME! Well anyways, if you can get yourself to get rid of the desire, then congratulations, you did what I could not do.

Yes, hiding diapers is a hassle. But it's impossible to really 'end' a fetish. It's ingrained. I can't get rid of my awkward fetishes either, but I can repress my emotions and find other outlets. But as for the 'unsafe and unsanitary' argument, I think you're just looking for excuses to stop the behaviour. And that's okay.

This will pass over. Trust me. You do not 'need to grow up'. You can simply find other outlets for your feelings and realize that you're okay. Fetishes don't really kill the courtship and dating process. It's something you do in your own time and I'm SURE a partner would feel the same way about their own kinky things. As long as you're not being an idiot about it, you're fine. Don't think that having a fetish automatically makes you a socially inept weirdo, because it doesn't.

When you're out of your parents' house, it's much easier. The paranoia of living at home is normal and I still feel it with my sis sometimes. (She once opened my box 'o' stuff and I was like "JDKFLAJFLKAJKL NO GET OUTTA MAH SHIT" and I still wonder if she knows sometimes.)

You're young, you're okay. Repress it as much as you want, but it'll come back if it's truly a fetish. I know. I've had some fetishes all my life and some I've found out about in recent years. It could just be a phase, though, and you'll know if you can stop it and never really think about it again.

Thanks for the input.

The thing is, I already know about the binge and purge cycle. Lately (over the past 6 months) my binge cycle has been coming in later and weaker. So What are your thoughts on that?
    I know that I'll have urges and feelings (diapers were a big part of my life, both as a baby and in my adolescence), but I'm wondering how to use different outlets, etc.
    One of my fears is that, as I get older, I'll use diapers as my only sexual stimuli. I would much rather have the male form as my stimuli.

Quote Originally Posted by bayray View Post
    Does anyone have any clues, ideas, or tips to getting rid, hushing, quelling, or ending this fetish of mine?
    I know all the arguments:
    "Embrace yourself! This is who you are! This is a part of you! Love yourself! You can't just stop!" etc. etc.
    Please...
    Thank you.
    The problem being that this is who you are, this is a part of you, you really can't just stop, and the only option with a happy long-run outcome is to embrace and love yourself regardless of it.

Look, if it's difficult to service your fetish while living with your parents, then simply don't do so while living with your parents. I didn't and still don't allow any AB/DL related material to enter into my parents' house - when I don't have the kind of serious home privacy to maintain diapers, I just make do with ordinary masturbation. You've got it one better than me in that you've got other sexual outlets.

You don't have to use this sexual outlet when it's inconvenient. Certainly, you can wait for a few years until you're living away from your parents to use them regularly. Long-run though, you're going to have to ask yourself if you'd be happy if you never had access to diapers, which is fairly unlikely if its a significant sexual fetish. If you ever get into a very serious relationship that could last a very long time, being allowed to exercise your fetish(es) at least privately is absolutely crucial.

Diapers have disadvantages, yes. The thing is, most of us aren't lucky enough to end up with sexual outlets that don't have flaws or difficulties. Heck, ordinary sexual relationships with people are expensive, major commitments that carry the risk of STDs. Diapers are a comparatively cheap outlet at under $1.5 a diaper (for quality adult diapers; lesser diapers are even cheaper) which carry no commitment and extremely minimal health risks.
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 12-Mar-2011 at 06:29.

Quote Originally Posted by bayray View Post
    Thanks for the input.

The thing is, I already know about the binge and purge cycle. Lately (over the past 6 months) my binge cycle has been coming in later and weaker. So What are your thoughts on that?
    I know that I'll have urges and feelings (diapers were a big part of my life, both as a baby and in my adolescence), but I'm wondering how to use different outlets, etc.
    One of my fears is that, as I get older, I'll use diapers as my only sexual stimuli. I would much rather have the male form as my stimuli.
    Too be honest, it's very hard to explain the binge/purge thing, it definitely varies from person to person. Last time I wore was October, and just recently have I have been wanting to wear very badly. If your binges don't come, right away, then don't wear, problem solved. But if you get a binge later on then by all means get into it again. Bottom line is that, just understand that you can't quit it permanently bayray, you can take a break while a purge goes on but when you binge the desire will be there and they usually won't go away until you give in, thus repeating the never ending binge cycle.

Don't worry about that fear by the way, having diapers as your only form of a stimuli seems to be very unlucky to me, though it could be your main source of it.

I've been were you are, probably at your age. I did back burner it for a long time, dated and married. Once I was older with children, I found time to wear and indulge. My wife worked on Friday and I didn't. I would vacuum the house in diapers and had a great time until she had to retire on full disability. Eventually I told her about that side of me and she was very accepting.

I guess what I'm saying is that like the others have said, the fetish won't go away, but you can manage it. To every thing there is a season, a time to date and a time to get married, a time to have children and a time to be a child. You'll figure this out.

Default Lol this is what I have to say

Note. I did not read other posts bc that would effect my post.
    Now when I first started this, I thought I could forget about it. Nope. Then I thought maybe I can wear it out real quick. No. Then I was stuck for a while bc I didn't have any dia

---------- Post added at 02:21 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dannor View Post
    Note. I did not read other posts bc that would effect my post.

Now when I first started this, I thought I could forget about it. Nope. Then I thought maybe I can wear it out real quick. No. Then I was stuck for a while bc I didn't have any dia
    Pers and so I just kinda thought crap. What now? The urge was getting stronger everyday.!! But then I had surgery on my foot and it was a good excuse to get diapers and look at me now! I'm in one.

Honestly, all I truly can say is, it's all I got. If you don't want to live that life like you do, and want to minimize it as much as possible, just go as long as you can without one, and when you are about to die, go crazy with them a few days! That way it supresses that want of need and stuff. And then you're also cutting down on the diaper time, so then you are getting it out of your life! And every time, go longer without diapers, but don't go crazy-er when you do wear. Stay the same. That's the best I can say. You cant shange who you are; but you can change what you do and how you do it.

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 ----------

Lol sorry touchscreen kills me!

I see it more like a food preference. I love pomegranates. I might never have another one but I'm still going to love them. To stretch the metaphor, they're also kind of a pain to get at the fruit and you get all messy but they're wonderful. Damn, now I want a pomegranate.

I don't think much of your chances and I think the real act of "growing up" would be to accept harmless quirks within yourself. However, I also don't think it necessarily hurts anything to follow this other urge, as long as it's in the name of self-discovery. If you don't want to be involved with diapers, don't be. See how that works out for you. The times of my lowest ebb are typically when I'm travelling, or my mind is fully engaged in something new and interesting. Just don't beat yourself up over it if you can't do it. That sort of anxiety simply isn't worth it for something so ultimately harmless.