Thread: Weird clothing styles

Default Weird clothing styles

Has anyone found any? I was looking the other night and found this style.

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it before. Apparently it is called "Lolita," and I'm wondering if it is brand new or if I've just never paid much attention in stores or when I'm out around town?

It looks pretty cool to me, and I'm thinking about buying a couple dresses. Does anyone else know about cool/obscure clothing styles that look awesome?

Don't know much about clothes so sadly no xD. If I recall it has been around for quite awhile, think I've seen it a few times a couple years back (granted it could be gaining in popularity, not sure *shrugs*)

Quote Originally Posted by KTH View Post
    Does anyone else know about cool/obscure clothing styles that look awesome?
    Wear all your clothes inside-out! Sure to be a head turner.

Lolita as a fashion style has been around for some time. Fashion's a touch subjective, but I'd assert an origin somewhere in the mid-70s.

I may just do that to freak people out at the mall someday. Thanks for the suggestion. :3

I know that the whole lolita thing is a subculture in Japan. Very interesting.

Lolita's not new. It's just not too big in the states outside of the lolita/anime scene so you don't see it in the stores. Plus it's pretty expensive to import the good stuff from Japan so the people that are into it usually just wear it to Lolita outings or to cons.

As for weird fashions... anything's weird to me. I just wear sweat pants and hoodies because I don't give a fuck anymore. Eh. But if I'm going out, I wear skirts with old-fashioned stockings and a garterbelt instead of pantyhose. That's pretty weird to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    Lolita's not new. It's just not too big in the states outside of the lolita/anime scene so you don't see it in the stores. Plus it's pretty expensive to import the good stuff from Japan so the people that are into it usually just wear it to Lolita outings or to cons.

As for weird fashions... anything's weird to me. I just wear sweat pants and hoodies because I don't give a fuck anymore. Eh. But if I'm going out, I wear skirts with old-fashioned stockings and a garterbelt instead of pantyhose. That's pretty weird to most.
    Hehe, I understand that. If I'm at home, I usually just wear pajamas all day. I'm realllly lazy. I can go out in casual clothes, or sometimes I'll dress up pretty well. It just depends how I'm feeling and what I'm doing, I guess.

Edit: I like your sense of fashion, anyway, when you do go out. It certainly sounds cool at least.
    Last edited by KTH; 12-Mar-2011 at 03:19. Reason: Moar content