Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your imagination...

Default There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your imagination...

So said Shakespeare in Hamlet.

So say I to this forum. I've seen a lot of posts lately where folks are accusing people of posting fap material as their real-life experiences, or claiming something is completely unrealistic when, quite frankly, it isn't.

Folks, it's one thing to call out a guy claiming he was a victim of pedo by a babysitter. It's something completely different to claim that babysitters never humiliated kids in their care, or that high school teachers never used babyish references to humiliate and/or keep their class under control.

Just because you've never experienced it, doesn't mean it never happened to anyone else. Take a step back a minute and ask yourself: "Is this only unrealistic because I've never seen anything like it? Or is this really completely beyond the pale?"

You may find stuff isn't as far-fetched as you think it is if you frame it within the context of modern society and the f***ed up things that we see in the news on a daily basis...

Not only that, but there was a time not too long ago in American society where teachers and parents were allowed to get away with a lot more abusive "disciplinary" tactics than they are now.

I agree with what you have said, but there are things that regularly get posted on this forum that one might take as fap material. I've always been one to at least try and give someone the benefit of the doubt, but even so, some cases are fairly obvious as being a fantasy.

I agree that there are lots of strange things that go on in the world, with abuse and things of that nature. Im not saying that there hasn't been one of these extravagant over the top stories that has been true, people do face abuse from babysitters and caretakers, I know this from personal experience.

One thing that sets this fap material apart from other posts is the fact that sometimes it is blatantly obvious that it is fap material. For instance, I once read an account from a member on a different forum, the story went something like this: The guy apparently wet his pants at school, the nurse said he would have to be diapered every day for the rest of his school career. The teachers were the ones who changed his diapers and they often did so in front of the class. Sometimes they got the girls in the class to help them change his diapers and there was one girl in his class who used to come over and be his "mommy" after school.

Now, the first thing from that account that throws the whole thing out of whack for me is this : 1) I'm fairly sure that at public schools, privacy is required by law in order for a student with special needs such as incontinence to be tended to (i.e have their diaper changed). 2) The teacher's should not have had the girls, who were minors, help change a boys diaper considering the boy was the same age. 3)The part about the girl coming over and being his mommy after school seems to show up as being a common fap fantasy in this fetish.

So, either way you look at it, people are judgemental. Things may or may not have happened, but people often stretch the truth to get satisfaction from other people.

I don't know, it's just how thing's are in my opinion. Sorry for my grammar, I'm tired and slightly innebriated.

Well, that's kind of the point - what you describe is so far beyond the pale on so many levels it can be thrown out as idiotic fantasy.

There is "wow, how did that person not get turned in to Social Services?" and then there is "wow, what kind of idiots do you take us for?".

My mother used to openly humiliate the kids in her day care when they had accidents with a spanking, diapering, and a stream of epithets about what babies they were, then sending them off to play with the other kids wearing only the diaper and their shirt (or, depending on how close it was to pick-up time, sit them on the changing table until their parents came to pick them up). She even informed the parents in an amazingly convincing manner that this was how little boys/girls who peed their pants were dealt with, and the parents agreed. She absolutely should have been turned in to Social Services - but as extreme as this seems, it was the reality of the situation and, circa 1985, it wasn't really questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Go on out of that, we don't believe you.
    -- a line from a song by the Sawdoctors.

Back on topic. While you are preaching to the converted here, do you really think that you can put an old head on young shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    Back on topic. While you are preaching to the converted here do you really think that you can put an old head on young shoulders.
    Probably not, but maybe I can make them stop and think for a moment...

I agree with Ron on this one. Most of the fap material is blatantly obvious and likely created by the sex addled fourteen year old TBs who haven't yet learned how to form coherent sentences. Nothing against the youth of our subculture/lifestyle/fetish (at least those on adisc are sane and intelligent) but that seems to where the majority of these stories are coming from. I assume that a truthful account would be a little bit better thought out and maybe even somewhat well written.

What I don't understand is why they feel the need to convince us that these are true stories. Wouldn't it serve the same purpose to just write it down as "erotic" fiction or whatever?

Thank you for agreeing with me, but at the same time by blaming this for the most part on youth is a stereotypical way of dealing with things. I believe that fap material comes from all walks of life, it is after all a way to provoke sexual stimulus. I'm sure that there are lots of fetish sites regarding our "interest" that were probably founded on the basis of fap material... sad to say but there are sites which should never ever be mentioned, because even the use of that name on this forum warrants an immediate kick to the teeth and a lobotomy.

Well, my main problem with that kind of people is that they often tell us there unlikely stories right when they sign up - if not in there first post, not long after. If someone I trust tells me an unlikely tale, I will believe him/her. If someone that I've just met tells me something unlikely, I will be cautious of him/her. Are some of those outlandish stories possible? Sure, obviously. However, I am under the impression that more often than not they are pure fabrication.

That doesn't mean that I don't give the benefit of the doubt to those people. However, will I believe them? Not really, at least not until they start earning my trust...

It's an issue of probabilities.

Yes, anything could be the case, but most of the stories we call BS on are extremely unlikely. They tend to be rare even among AB/DLs, who are much more likely to note such experiences even if marginal than the general public. Maybe we could generously say that some of these fishy stories happen to 1/1000 of the population, while many are probably on 1/10,000, 1/100,000, or even less-likely magnitudes.

By contrast, roughly 10% (1/10) of anyone who's ever registered on ADISC is banned, overwhelmingly for blatant lying, and frankly, those are just the people who aren't smart enough to make it hard for us to catch them lying.

Thus, when we have to weigh the odds that someone's highly unlikely story is true vs. the odds that they're trolling or taking advantage of us to get their rocks off, we really can't go that far wrong by politely insisting that their story is unlikely and that we'd like them to fill in some of the holes. As a practical matter, this is pragmatic approach, even if it sometimes makes us come across as a bit passive-aggressive and not 100% open-minded.

We're open-minded and accepting of unusual life experiences largely as a correlation of the fact that we're a support forum for people with a particularly unusual life circumstance. We're not, however, so naive as to believe that not turning away even one statistical far outlier is enough to justify letting the 10s-100,000s+ trolls making the same absurd claims to turn the community into a cesspool.

Haven't been around long, but it seems like a case-by-case sort of thing. There's no one way to tell which category someone's thread would fall into... Either way, I think presenting forum problems is a good thing- it encourages change.