Thread: Rift

Default Rift

So, decided to try it, was wondering if anyone else has. Currently leveling a Cleric on Aedraxis, Defiant side, if you'd care to join me. Mainspec healer, offspec dps.

It seems Rift will likely go down as that other game who also tried to knock WoW off as the top MMOPRG. I don't even remember it's name anymore but it came out like a year or two ago with a lot of "fanfare" just like Rift has. The writing was on the Wall for Rift when they couldn't give all the beta key's away before the official release.

It's sad but nothing's going to knock WoW off, not even Blizzard's new MMO (not RPG, as far as I know) that I heard has 1 BILLION dollars invested into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It seems Rift will likely go down as that other game who also tried to knock WoW off as the top MMOPRG. I don't even remember it's name anymore but it came out like a year or two ago with a lot of "fanfare" just like Rift has. The writing was on the Wall for Rift when they couldn't give all the beta key's away before the official release.

It's sad but nothing's going to knock WoW off, not even Blizzard's new MMO (not RPG, as far as I know) that I heard has 1 BILLION dollars invested into it.
    I understand that, but from what I've read and heard, rift is a pretty bamf game, I'd probably end up getting it when I have some extra cash.

I don't expect Rift to knock WoW down as top MMO. Never did, never will. I still play WoW, in fact, it's a very fun game for me. I just wanted to try Rift, and so far, it's been nice.

Aion was the one you were thinking of, but it was Korean in origin, and it was WAY too much of a "grind fest" for the average American consumer (I hear Koreans are really into the grinding games). I also heard the expansion improved things a lot, but it never fully recovered. I did try Aion myself, and yes, it had a lot of grinding... and I didn't enjoy it enough to renew my sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Never underestimate Blizzard. If anyone can top WoW, it'll be another Blizzard project.

BB