Thread: IC from Panic Attacks

Default IC from Panic Attacks

Hi There,

As a child, wetting the bed was a regular occurrence for me at least 4 times a week, naturally I have worn Tena Slips (or equiv) at night to deal with this.

6 months ago I had quite a bad head injury whilst at a party, this traumatised me quite bad as I now have a very large scar on my forehead. Also, within a month or so of that incident that one of my very close friend made a suicide attempt, which shook me up quite badly. I received councelling for both of these incidents and everything has mended itself since, thankfully.

Over the last 3 months following these incidents, I have noticed that the severity of my bedwetting has increased dramatically, it now happens at least once a night, sometimes I will wakeup in the middle of the night wet, go back to sleep and notice that in the morning my pad is pushed to breaking point and sometimes leaks.
    Also, I keep having panic attacks during the day where I seem to lose control of both bladder & bowels simultaneously, this has happened almost every time I've had a panic attack, normally when waking up in the morning half asleep, but sometimes during the day without warning. As you may have guessed, this has become highly inconvenient as I now have to wear some kind of protection most of the time, especially when I feel nervous.

I’ve got an appointment with the Continence Clinic in a few weeks time after referral from my doctor, so just wondering if you guys had any feedback or thoughts on how this may get sorted??

The scar from the head injury will fade, I hope the trauma fades too. Do you have a cat to stroke or a plushie ? Try to reduce stress in your life and try to relax as much as possible. How are you sleeping ? Purple quartz is supposed to be a help when it comes to a calming atmosphere, Try drinking some herbal tea`s.

Very sorry to hear this..I hope this trauma will fade away. Like to others say try to avoid stress and built in time in your schedule to relax and have time for yourself. Like tiddles already stated a cat/plushie can help too, it's even scientifically endorsed.

I have issue with this myself too and I know it's difficult to relax and get grip on the wetting. I do have urge incontinence issues but in due to things happening in my life on top of a super busy life, it affects my wetting. What you told about your bowel issue sounds also very familiar, when having a stressfull day my IBS (maybe developed through these issue) flares up.

I hope this helped you...

Thanks for the help guys...I think I need to relax and chill out, however this is easier said than done considering how busy and stressful my life is on a day to day basis.

I'm off to the continence clinic this thursday to get it sorted, so hopefully I can get some help there

Just a quick update to let you all know how I'm getting on....

So, about 2 weeks ago I went to my local continence clinic and explained my problems as detailed above and I've been fast-tracked into councelling, tried on some anti-colon and anti-duretic medication and given a 13 week supply of incontinence products.....Euron Form Super Plus's and some disposable bed pads.
    In terms of my problem, its still exactly the same as Im waiting for councelling still and the medication really hasnt come into full effect either yet! Im feeling alot better in myself knowing that im finally on my way to regaining some continence in the near future...

So, the moral of the medical attention and piece by piece, little by little, it all mends itself

I do that sometimes where I binge, I once binged diapers so long I started to lose bladder control. So I stopped right away and got it back.

I'm very glad to hear that you are on the way to getting the help you need. Congratulations on taking the intiatives that you have taken!

Panic attacks are very real and very frightening! I'm glad you are getting the help you need. A psychiatrist is a good option, because it sounds a little like PTSD and that never goes away, or gets better. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Depending on the flashback I have sometimes I end up with a messy diaper. I take chlorophyl tablets to keep the smell down, and work close to home so I can leave and change and clean up when that happens. My coworkers are pretty understanding about incontinence and my need to leave for a "change." Hope you work things out.