Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abena total redesign, no more plastic backed diapers

Default Abena total redesign, no more plastic backed diapers

Although I cant find 100% confirmation yet, but there is really strong evidence that Abena is discontinuing there plastic backed diapers, in favor of all cloth backing, with a new design.

Abena totally redesigned there website
    www.abena.com/
    They have about the new diaper design listed on the right "Premium Label", and the link shows a picture of the new design.

Going on over to there product page, only shows info for the abri-form as the new cloth design.
    Abri-Form

There have been many people saying that when they contacted Abena about this, that they were told that they have discontinued there plastic backed diapers.
    People who have contacted xpmedical about it, say that xp responded that they were not sure.

If you believe the reports of people who say they have contacted Abena (I have not seen them), then there is the possibility that this is true.

I would suggest that members who prefer the plastic backing, send a message to Abena with there thoughts!

Oh shit... If this is confirmed, I'll have to buy a case... 0_0

I sent Gary an E-mail at XP medical to see if the rumor is true or not. I will let you all know when he gets back to me.

Gary has already been on record that he visited with Abena HQ, and they indicated that they would continue selling the plastic back as long as there was a significant market - they may be trying to PUSH the cloth-like stuff, but they're not going to cut out a product that sells well. Gary emphasized to them that the majority of his sales of Abena are the plastic-backed variety.

Peachy

Rumors like that have been made about quite a few diaper brands, but I found most of them to be untrue. Plastic is still the cheaper material, and at least in Europe (with our state-run medical system almost breaking under the financial burden), anything cheap is the way to go.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Gary has already been on record that he visited with Abena HQ, and they indicated that they would continue selling the plastic back as long as there was a significant market - they may be trying to PUSH the cloth-like stuff, but they're not going to cut out a product that sells well. Gary emphasized to them that the majority of his sales of Abena are the plastic-backed variety.
    Ah cool Thanks for the info. I was wondering where I was going to store the several cases I planed on buying if it were true XD

Interesting after going to the site and reading the product description it doesn't seem as if it is going to turn completly cloth. It says " Non-woven sidepanels made from soft and breathable material, which provide a high level of security and holds the pad in place" Which means just the sides will be made of cloth. Molicare did the same thing in there Molicare Air plus diapers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just following what molicare did.

yes but the only problem with the side cloth is its crappy, if it ends up wicking over to the side panel wing and its gets too full it starts to leak out through the woven material, thats why i wont buy an air plus again if im gonna wake up to wet sheets

My reply from Gary at XP medical:

"I have asked that question to Abnea and they are telling me it is not true. We have four containers full coming our way, so I know they are still making it."

Looks like they are just adding a new product to there line & still making the old style so no need to start hording just yet