Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rant- The seemingly inherent dyslexic nature of Furries.

Angry Rant- The seemingly inherent dyslexic nature of Furries.

Okay, so i'm kind of delusional from sleep deprivation right now, so this might be a lil drunken-sounding.

Idk if anyone else has noticed, but a lot of furries seem to have taken the English language and molested it beyond recognition. seriously, wtf? i can understand if someone's texting with their friends, but saying shit like "ok gyz, imma brb. l8rz" is NOT okay online. you more than likely have a full damn keyboard at your disposal - USE IT!!!

also - to all the new furs out there, you don't need to stick the word FUR in every single goddamn word.

i can certainly understand if you just don't capitalize stuff all the time or something (i dont :P) but have we really devolved into this level of laziness? come on, people.

also, for really long story posts, use spell check. if you don't have an online spell checker, then copypaste the post into word and hit f7. it takes 30 fucking seconds.

just... please stop viciously assraping the english language. plz?

/rant.

(now im just waiting for some smartass to come in and post some random backward-ass reply that no one can read because it's in "l33t.")
    Last edited by ZakRoo; 02-Mar-2011 at 09:11.

I remember when I tried making a thread like this about the crappy quality of posts here on ADISC and got neg bombed because people didn't like what I had to say- the rep was taken down, but still.

I agree, but it's not just the furry community, trust me. It's also the general community of 't3h 1nt3rw38z' that's decided to kill one of the most difficult languages in the world to try and make it easier to read, but instead made it even harder to read. -_-

I agree with most of this ZakRoo, but the furries cannot take all the blame for this. The slow degeneration of proper english into some form of dyslexic, malformed ogre speak is an internet wide problem, not just some form of furry stupidity. Other than that, yeah, you're right.

People, please proofread your shit before posting, it's just better that way.

in my experience, it's generally furries that do it the most often. but i agree, the internet needs more better grammars all around.

Your complaints are so furny! I'm so amewsed at them I can't purrmise to stay on-topic, but if you keep STALKING about it, I have to respawnd metafurrikitty!

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    Okay, so i'm kind of delusional from sleep deprivation right now, so this might be a lil drunken-sounding.

Idk if anyone else has noticed, but a lot of furries seem to have taken the English language and molested it beyond recognition. seriously, wtf? i can understand if someone's texting with their friends, but saying shit like "ok gyz, imma brb. l8rz" is NOT okay online. you more than likely have a full damn keyboard at your disposal - USE IT!!!

also - to all the new furs out there, you don't need to stick the word FUR in every single goddamn word.

i can certainly understand if you just don't capitalize stuff all the time or something (i dont :P) but have we really devolved into this level of laziness? come on, people.

also, for really long story posts, use spell check. if you don't have an online spell checker, then copypaste the post into word and hit f7. it takes 30 fucking seconds.

just... please stop viciously assraping the english language. plz?

/rant.

(now im just waiting for some smartass to come in and post some random backward-ass reply that no one can read because it's in "l33t.")
    I respectfully disagree with you here on several points.

1. It's not just 'most furries' that are doing this. It seems to be the "internet generation" that is obliterating the English language with net/cheat speak. This began when learning how to type took over how to use good spelling/grammar.

2. If you can provide proof that most new furs are tacking 'fur' onto every word, then I'll believe you. But until then, this situation is nothing more than opinion.

3. Spell checker only works for making sure that words are spelled correctly. It doesn't take into account how the word is used in context of the text itself. And even the best of us make the occasional mistake - have some leway here.

In conclusion, I say most if not all of your post needs to be re-evaluated.

Eh, it's not just the furry community. Everybody's raping the English language now. Don't even get me started on "your" and "you're". Why can't people get this right?! COME THE FUCK ON. I'm fine with the occasional mistake, but when you do it constantly? That I can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by DLGrif View Post
    Your complaints are so furny! I'm so amewsed at them I can't purrmise to stay on-topic, but if you keep STALKING about it, I have to respawnd metafurrikitty!
    Why, my good sir, I must say that I chuckled heartily at this!

Judge not lest ye be judged. If you want things to improve you first need to set a good example.

Most of the problems you describe have little to do with furries and more to do with texters. Texting is a fast, lazy means of written communication that has sadly spilled over into other forms of writing. Some people think that it doesn't matter if their English is flawed as long as they get their point across. It is that kind of thinking that is causing the degradation of our language.

I blame the internet, gang culture, general laziness of students in schools and the inability of teaching staff to maintain a level of discipline where they can actually teach, meaning that the students never learn correct diction or grammar.
    That said I have noticed a large proportion of younger furries have shamefully little grasp on basic communication skills. For instance there have been several topics on the furboards I frequent with titles such as "how to made a birthdey cakes" in the off topic section, not the spam and forum games section where you would expect that kind of title to be.
    Moreover they tend to post in exactly the same way in narly every thread they "grace" with their "valuable" insight

PaddedPuppy

Can you still read things like that? Yes you can.
    Can you say you have never typed like that yourself? No you can't.

Unless you can disagree with them 2 questions and answers above you can't complain about it.

Its quicker, which is important if you are supposed to be doing other things, which most busy people are.
    People are still taught the English language. People still know how to use it if they need to.
    Using spell checkers may only take a few seconds, but like I said it may be seconds which people don't have.

Oh, and just to keep you lot who have nothing better to do happy, I have typed this post out in my perfect English, got no problems in Firefox's checker, then copied it into Microsoft Word. No spelling issues! And just to prove my point, doing all of this has made my post much longer to publish on the Internet compared to all my other posts.