Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found baby formula in the mail today

Default Found baby formula in the mail today

I found Similac baby formula in the mail today. It was sent to our house by mistake. I've always been somewhat interested in what it tastes like, should I try it?

I don't think eating baby formula sounds like a good idea
    milk sure,but not that
    just my opinion,do whatever you want

Well, it can't be bad for you since babies drink it. I don't know if it tastes any good though.

Well it could be bad for you, as babies and adults dietary needs are entirely different. However, trying it isn't going to hurt you, but you can't safely live off of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can try it to see how it tastes but your best bet is to use something like ensure, or boost. They are full of nutrients.

I think that some of you are being a little paranoid. Babies are not a completely different species. Formula milk is not toxic for adults. Sure, the nutritional balance isn't optimal, but that's only relevant in the long-term, and then only if formula milk is practically all that you're consuming - practically nothing is nutritionally balanced on its own. I've tried it on a several occasions - I just prefer cow's milk (which, incidentally, is nutritionally balanced for calves, not humans). Formula milk made from powder tends to taste a little...powdery, funnily enough.

But go right ahead, it's perfectly safe.

EDIT.

In fact, take a step back, and reconsider what we regard as normal. Most of us, as adults, or near-adults, regularly consume breast milk - and not just any breast milk; the breast milk of a completely different species (hell, a completely different mammal order). Think about how odd that is. Most mammalian species aren't even capable of consuming milk as adults - lactose tolerance is a relatively recent human genetic mutation. Compared to that, consuming synthetic human breast milk is positively normal.
    Last edited by Akastus; 02-Mar-2011 at 09:17.

i like a bottle of formula now and again i take it as a treat but couldnt drink it 24/7

Chill People he's just asking to try it out. Not live off the stuff. I say go for it, it was sent there so why not. Anyone ask say "it's not being used and you where curious" Tada.

I'd be a little more worried about WHERE it came from, and WHO it's for. That could be someone else's package.

Just saying, be careful with mistaken mail.

You guys. He's just going to try it. Same way people try snails or frog legs or beef heart. It's not like he's going to become addicted and shoot it up into his veins. Geez.

OP, I got a taste of the powder once. It's not that bad, but I'll take chai over it any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    In fact, take a step back, and reconsider what we regard as normal. Most of us, as adults, or near-adults, regularly consume breast milk - and not just any breast milk; the breast milk of a completely different species (hell, a completely different mammal order). Think about how odd that is. Most mammalian species aren't even capable of consuming milk as adults - lactose tolerance is a relatively recent human genetic mutation. Compared to that, consuming synthetic human breast milk is positively normal.
    I lol'd. I love how we drink milk meant for baby cows and even freeze the stuff to make an insanely popular dessert treat, but we flip a table over the consumption human breast milk and formula. I mean... breast milk would probably be good in coffee and tea. (And if you're into hoodoo... Well, you hoodoo fans know what I'm talking about.)