Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Political Compass

Default Political Compass

There a few of these around but this one is about the most interesting and accurate I have found, not perfect but pretty close. The idea is to fill out a short survey about your views to see where you land on the political compass. Probably won't tell you anything you don't already know but it's useful for context and comparison if nothing else and I thought it might be interesting to see where the members here stand.

You can take the test here.

And these are my results. I'm a lefty and a libertarian and proud of it.

The rest of the site and the bits about specific elections and parties are also quite interesting if you're inclined to have a gander.

I remember taking this test a few years ago. The conclusion was that I was smack band in the middle. Evenly divided. But now that I am older and a bit wiser and understand the questions much better I have only moved slight left. Not too much of a change to be considered layal to any particular parties.

Oh and at "it's natural for children to keep some secrets from their parents." I hesitated that today as well as a few years ago.

So I guess I'm pretty left/liberal, and a little bit libertarian. >.>

...Though right now, I doubt it's a safe guess to say that I'll stay exactly that way...

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

(Will add more later)

I believe the majority of us are going to be liberal lefties... considering the kinds of things we endulge in and are exposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn
    I believe the majority of us are going to be liberal lefties... considering the kinds of things we endulge in and are exposed to.
    That would seem sensible but I know some very socially conservative people into infantilism so I would be hesitant to make too many generalisations. Also, the interesting thing about this particular survey is the acknowledgement of the difference between social and economic positions and that, for example, being liberal and being a free marketeer are not necessarily mutual exclusive.

Anyway, so far, when the revolution comes Charlie and Ben should be safe. Might be a close call for chevre and Neonite.

Footed P.J.

I am barely left, barely libertarian. Seems about right. Pro-gay, pro-choice, against quotas and handouts to those who arent disabled.