Thread: Another 'Do I tell?' Thread.

Post Another 'Do I tell?' Thread.

I'll cut to it. I've been dealing with a lot of stress recently but have calmed myself down a lot, with he help of my parents and friends.

Only 2 of my friends know I'm a babyfur and there cool with it, but the other day my stress got the better of me and I flipped out at work and stormed off (I work with my dad) He followed me in his car and took me for a drive to calm down and to get me to explain what's up with me.

At the end of his talk, he said 'You can talk to me about anything whenever you want, no matter how small, trust me people have talked to me about pretty weird things before and I'm open minded'.

My mum is also the same, she constantly given me the speech of how she'll love me no matter what I am or what I do.

So I need a little help here with; 1. DO I tell them the truth, does anyone think it would be a bad idea? and 2. How the hell would I bring it up, do it sneakily or just out right tell them?

I really do want to tell them, if they really mean that they'll love me and can talk about anything, what do I have to worry about right?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if this is in the wrong section, could a mod please move it ^^

Cherub

Well, I guess one piece of information that would assist us in helping via providing input for you on this situation would be to know if you are of age or not? We don't need to specifics, just if you are an adult or not. That part would play a BIG role in how things could play out for you in deciding which avenue to take.

You know you parents better than anyone on here, so only you know how sincere they are when they make those statements of unconditional acceptance. Possibly put some 'feelers' out there. Try to get a sense of how he might react. Maybe leave a diaper out somewhere where he would find it and if or when he asks about it, tell him a friend played a prank on you or something. Then be like "Why, would it be that bad if I WAS into wearing diapers?" Perhaps this way you can get the question out there, yet still be disguised as spur of the moment or off the wall question. Or come up with something similar where it will give you the opportunity to ask you question without totally giving yourself away.
    Last edited by Cherub; 28-Feb-2011 at 19:03. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Well, I guess one piece of information that would assist us in helping via providing input for you on this situation would be to know if you are of age or not? We don't need to specifics, just if you are an adult or not. That part would play a BIG role in how things could play out for you in deciding which avenue to take.

You know you parents better than anyone on here, so only you know how sincere they are when they make those statements of unconditional acceptance. Possibly put some 'feelers' out there. Try to get a sense of how he might react. Maybe leave a diaper out somewhere where he would find it and if or when he asks about it, tell him a friend played a prank on you or something. Then be like "Why, would it be that bad if I WAS into wearing diapers?" Perhaps this way you can get the question out there, yet still be disguised as spur of the moment or off the wall question. Or come up with something similar where it will give you the opportunity to ask you question without totally giving yourself away.
    Oh right ^^; I'm 18, so i'm considered an adult here yes.

Also, i don't have my friends over to my house enough to get any with that excuse. If it helps, my mum has found my stash before, she wasn't too mad at me, she was more mad at the fact I wasn't throwing them away straight away.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Kyatto View Post
    Oh right ^^; I'm 18, so i'm considered an adult here yes.

Also, i don't have my friends over to my house enough to get any with that excuse. If it helps, my mum has found my stash before, she wasn't too mad at me, she was more mad at the fact I wasn't throwing them away straight away.
    Well, perhaps you're parents are what they say they are,,,accepting. If you mother found your stash, and as you said, was more upset that you didn't throw them away ( I am assuming you are referring to used or previously worn diapers?)

Well, since you have already been caught with diapers, then you might try to come up with a way to test the waters. I would caution about just blurting everything out. Even if you do decide to come right out with it all,, take it easy on them and let things sort of soak in with them. Let them process things as you tell them, don't overload them with too much at one time. But I am sure you can come up with a creative way to test how they may react. Then if things go well, sure, go ahead and tell them.

In my situation, I know my parents would not be receptive to the thought. So I've never told them, not even to this day do they know,,, because I already knew the outcome. But you sound like you might have a decent chance. intimately it is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Well, perhaps you're parents are what they say they are,,,accepting. If you mother found your stash, and as you said, was more upset that you didn't throw them away ( I am assuming you are referring to used or previously worn diapers?)

Well, since you have already been caught with diapers, then you might try to come up with a way to test the waters. I would caution about just blurting everything out. Even if you do decide to come right out with it all,, take it easy on them and let things sort of soak in with them. Let them process things as you tell them, don't overload them with too much at one time. But I am sure you can come up with a creative way to test how they may react. Then if things go well, sure, go ahead and tell them.

In my situation, I know my parents would not be receptive to the thought. So I've never told them, not even to this day do they know,,, because I already knew the outcome. But you sound like you might have a decent chance. intimately it is up to you.
    Yea, they were already used and some unused.

I'll probably talk to them some point soon, and i'll probably show them the Understanding Infantilism site as well, as I am terrible at explaining if I get nervous.

Well, thanks for the advice and I hope your parents accept who you are if you ever decide to tell them yourself. ^^

Cherub

i'll probably show them the Understanding Infantilism site as well, as I am terrible at explaining if I get nervous.
    Good thinking. Having some 'good' information that shows Infantilism in a positive light will surely help you out.

I hope your parents accept who you are if you ever decide to tell them yourself. ^^
    Well, I now live over 500 miles away from them now. so the odds of me ever telling them are slim to none. And at this point in my life, there is little reason to do so. I am an adult on my own and it would be just good common sense to leave well enough alone. Thanks for the thought tho.