Thread: Gifting on first date

Default Gifting on first date

I'm meeting a pretty cute girl for the first time later tomorrow. We met on OKCupid, and we messaged for a few days. Lots of similar interests, quirky personality. We're both chill people, nerdy types who don't leave the house much, and the chances are we'll be going to the boardwalk strictly to play the arcades. Her profile mentions she likes food several times.

I shop at an asian grocery store once a month, and I've tried all the kinds of authentic ramen they have. She likes udon, so I figured it'd be a great idea to buy her some. I am wondering if it is better to give it to her in a shopping bag, or a wrapped present.

I am leaning to the shopping bag for several reasons. It shows thriftiness, how I care more about what the gift is rather than what it looks like. Gift-wrapping a humble pack of ramen is also pretty silly. And if I show up with a wrapped gift on the first date, it'll look like I'm trying too hard. Thoughts?

Don't gift-wrap it too badly, but make it look presentable. (I mean, you don't want it to look like you're buying her groceries, right? And you don't want to look like you tried too hard by putting it in glittery wrapping paper.) There are usually some cute, plain brown paper bags that look almost giftwrap-ish that you can find. Just put it in there!

Yeah, it'll be kind of dorky, but that's more adorable than all the kittens in the world.