Thread: Hi everyone - taking a pretty big step here!

Default Hi everyone - taking a pretty big step here!

What I meant by this is a big step is that, this is the first time I've ever really spoken about this part of me to anybody.

Well, to start with, I don't really know what I consider myself. I like the feel of nappies and enjoy being babied - I love to be held, and emotionally, I am immature. That isn't a deliberate thing - I'm autistic. I don't know if being autistic has contributed to this want, or the neglect when I was younger.

I know sometimes this can have a sexual side but that's not the case with me at all. It's entirely emotional and needing to feel safe.

I've had real trouble coming to terms with this side of me. My family are a conservative bunch and I feel very isolated from them. I've only shared this secret with one person, which is my school nurse. She has been utterly amazing and so accepting.

A little about me; I go to a music school in Manchester, England. I'm 18, but intellectually like a 40 year old, and emotionally like a 5 year old. A bit of a mixed bag, really.

Well, that's taken a whole lot of courage. How is everybody?

Welcome to the group! Your right, it is a big step putting something so personal out in the open. You will find many have the same feeling as you, as do I. I'm in my late 40s and this has been a part of my life since I was preteen. I felt I was the only person in the world who had a desire for diapers/nappies and the desire to be babied. I have come to terms that this is who I am. I hope you find the same in your life, and find many new and great friends here. Take care!

Well hi there, Deathbyheadcrab,

I'm doing quite well myself - getting over a little cold at the momen, but feeling much better that I was a few days ago.

I have to say, that's a rather original username. Is there some sort of story behind it, or did you just chose it because it sounds cool? And along that line, is there a shorthand you wouldn't mind me using (as deathbytheheadcrab gets a little bit long to write out).

Quote Originally Posted by deathbyheadcrab View Post
    Well, that's taken a whole lot of courage. How is everybody?
    Writing an introduction is terrifying, isn't it? I remember I took quite a while writing mine when I came over here, it's no easy task ^^. Oh well, the ice if broken now, as they say. This is certainly a great place to get support regarding being an adult baby; if you ask me, you've come to the right place. For most of us it's a pretty deep secret (quite a few people here have not share this side of them with anybody outside of this community - personally I have done so with three, two of them being my parents - so you are certainly not the only one feeling isolated about this) but hopefully you will feel comfortable sharing with us.

Your profile mentions you like video-games. What kind of/which video-games do you prefer? We do have a Games and computers sub-forum which you might want to keep an eye on.

Anyway, welcome aboard

Welcome to the site!

I'm similar to you in that this whole thing is for comfort with any kind of sexual kink. My intro post was the first place I admitted to myself and others that I had an interest in this sort of thing. It's great that your nurse is there for you.

Thank you for being so welcoming =D It's really nice to know that there is a good chance of me becoming far more comfortable with this side of me. I think, me being so young and having such a conservative, closed family, that it's no wonder I'm so reticent to talk about it. Like I said before, the only person who I've talked to is my school nurse, who has been so supportive. She helped me get my diagnosis of autism, and she has been by my side through everything. It took me weeks to tell her, and I had to get her to guess, because I can't even say the words. I've only just gotten used to writing them down.

Thank you for your lovely message

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Hey there, Near! Glad to hear you're feeling better, colds can be really horrible.

The username is just a reference to one of my favourite games, the "Half Life" series. I guess I just wanted to have a username related to something that we autistic people call 'special interests'. I have two special interests, which is music and video games, and the two tend to link up, because I love the music used in video games, too. I'm really quite obsessive about the two. I prefer role-playing, strategy, horror and shooter games. I wont bore you with the details, I can really go on about it! You could just call me Headcrab, if you'd like, or you can come up with something =D I don't mind.

I'm really glad I've joined this forum, I think it's going to be so helpful being able to talk to others like myself. But writing that intro was far harder than I anticipated. Were your parents understanding?

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

The first time I admitted it, although I didn't manage to verbalise it, was to my nurse. She's been so accepting and if I need to talk about it, she'll sit and we'll talk, even if I'm just repeating myself.

D'you find talking to like-minded individuals helps?