Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soul calibur

Default Soul calibur

sould calibur IV/4 is comngh out quite soon and im eagerly awaiting its release
    played soulcal3 weekly at university with the uni's gaming guild...
    seong mi-na
    have a ps3 so seeming torecevce darth vader as guest although am watng to see hilde, a wilder of a spear AND a short sword a good combo if u ask me
    wsh i could have used link, but never played soulcal2

I'm a 'Rugi/'Suka God.

But my real talent lies in Guilty Gear XX Reload.

I used to play SC3 all the time with my friend, but since he moved away, I haven't played it as much.

I don't have a PS3, though, so I don't think I can get the next one. I do wonder how they're going to explain lightsabers not cutting through wood and steel. XD

yeah in the trailer they show darthvader crossing swords with mitsurugi and i mean u know swords pushing against each other.. then again u see a rapier not being bent over double by seigfreids sword and members of the guind pointed out that ivy's sword would be structurallty unsound.

Not to mention how Siegfried has moves that impale his sword through his opponent, and not only do they get up after it, one of his post-battle speeches is "I avoided your vitals. You'll live." XD

I think that there's also a fact that scythes aren't very practical weapons, though Zasalamel uses one very effectively.

It's all Willing Suspension of Disbelief, anyway.

I wanna play as Darthvader's apprentice! It would be cool if Kratos is in the PS3 version but its just a rumor and i don't have have a ps3....

It also kinda sucks that you won't be able to play a Yoda vs Vader match.

I played Soul Calibur II as well. Ivy was my most used character... I could use her perfectly.

Didn't play Soul Calibur III as much because I personally never owned it but my brother did. I will be getting SCIV though for my PS3... its gonna be sweeeeeet.

scythes can be used well.. and zasalamel shows how it can be used.. character found annoying was ivy actually.

one thing i always thoght about was, if you could replace each SC3 character with an anime character who would fit the best, mostly basing on weapon and tequenique.
    to start

zasalamel: kamatari from rurouni kenshin
    ivy: ababrai renji from bleach
    setsuka, himura kenshin (kenshins style uses battojutsu alot..)
    taki: shinamori aoshi
    talim: okina (aoshi's former master, also rurouni kenshin)
    cervantes: maybe roanora zolo from one-piece (multi sword wielding pirate)
    seigreid (deciding between ichigo from bleach, cloud from FF and inuyasha)

the two main ones i cant think of a counterpart for are maxi and tira (yet to see any anime characters that use nunchuku, or a razor ring wielder
    any comparsons u wanna make be my guest