Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite kind of Movie and Why?

Default What is your favourite kind of Movie and Why?

For me it has to be the action adrenaline kind of movies like Xxx-State of the Union, Ghost Rider, The Fast and Furious movies, ect.

What do you guys like to watch?

Personally, I really like thinker movies, which can be anything. The kind of movies that you can either leave the theater talking non-stop, or stay in utter silence.

Good Will Hunting, The Matrix Trilogy, V for Vendetta, Dead Poet's Society, etc.

My favourites would probably have to be the type where you can sit back and just watch it, but you get a total mind**** later when you think about it. So stuff like Lost Highway or The Prestige.

And I'm a big fan of sci-fi and/or dystopia movies. Particular one's that involve deadly aliens or a big brother state. Good stuff.

I likes trippy movies... Stuff like Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Vanilla Sky, or Butterfly Effect...

brainless action movies. Well some thinking can be nice sometime but when tired brainless is nicer.

Well this is easy...I like pretty much everything except Horror and I even watch those is obvious from the dvds (and few (very few) vcr tapes in my possession....

Everything from "Gone with the Wind" to "Toy Story"...Wes Craven's "Chiller" to Spielberg's "Schindler's List"..."The Green Mile" to "Daddy Day Care"

Hmmm...weird...I have a lot of movies...and I do like 'action/adventure'...but I don't think I have any in my weird is that?

As long as it's not mindless comedy, I like pretty much any movie. I like my movie-going experience to be a fulfilling and moving experience. For as much as I truly love to laugh, I find it hard to laugh straight for two hours at a movie -- I end up getting physically tired! So I forego comedies!

I prefer heavy modern-era dramas (Crash, Joy Luck Club, Sleepers), and movies with social commentaries in them. I love historical films, whether fictional or not. I love old war movies and westerns. I especially love old kung fu movies. You know.. the really bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    As long as it's not mindless comedy
    You mean crap like those "Kill Bill" movies? ZOMG! Those were the most mindlessly STUPID films it was ever my misfortune to sit through (although I slept through most of both of them...they weren't funny enough to keep me awake)!

OOO interesting... I'm not sure what my favourite type is!

I love horror films, because I like feeling scared. It's such a rush to be actually scared of something you're seeing, when you're both horrified and intrigued by something.

Comedies are funny (well yeah), but it has to be good comedy. Airplane! is probably my favourite comedy.

Hmmm... favourite genre is probably... films that have lots of styles all together. Films that are scary at times, funny at others, and interesting!
    I love Pulp Fiction, its clever (different stories overlapping), funny "Oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?", scary (well not SCARY scary).
    What the genre where people point guns at each and shout?

Blood's always good to see too.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    You mean crap like those "Kill Bill" movies?
    Please be joking!

I love Tarantino films!