Thread: ASCII Star Wars.

Default ASCII Star Wars.

Funny little animation, works on both windows and mac, just open comand prompt, type cd.. until you have:

C:\>
    or similar, then type telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

and press enter

Telnet hasn't been included in standard installs of Windows for some time now, but it should work with no problem in OS X or Linux. You can just go to STAR WARS ASCIIMATION - Main Page to see it too.

OmegaOne

Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    Telnet hasn't been included in standard installs of Windows for some time now, but it should work with no problem in OS X or Linux. You can just go to STAR WARS ASCIIMATION - Main Page to see it too.
    True - when my mum needed Telnet on her vista PC, I had to copy the exe from my XP one.

PaddedPuppy

if that worked for you straight away, You must still be using XP. I'm pretty sure thats the only one it worked properly with

EDIT - Just tried and it works with Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by JATO457 View Post
    Funny little animation, works on both windows and mac, just open comand prompt, type cd.. until you have:

C:\>
    or similar, then type telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

and press enter
    or download puTTy first, and enjoy the show in a Classical Terminal with teletype font

Just found out the problem, telnet wasn't included in vista or 7, so it needs to be installed via control panel.
    just go to control panel/programs and features, and on the side it should say turn windows features on or off, click on that, and find the telnet client. check the box and follow the on screen prompts, and it should work.

I actually used this a while back :P

I watched it during school, teacher didn't care so much

I showed this to my friends last Friday, and they were laughing at how pronounced leia's boobs were