Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Time Buying Diapers!

Default First Time Buying Diapers!

I recently, 2 hours ago, walked down to my grocery store. (Snow day in Pittsburgh!) I ran throughout the store buying what my mom wanted. Then, I decided to look at the diaper aisle. Once there I spotted my prize, large/ extra large boy's Goodnites. I bought the groceries than reentered the store. I grabbed the diapers (26 in total) and hid them under Cornflakes. I nearly chickened out at this point. I paid, probably blushing the entire time! Next, I stuffed the Goodnites in my slingbag and walked home. Just showered and chilling in bed wearing my first diaper in over two months! (I had a Goodnites sample for awhile.) My advice to those hesitating, just do it! I'm in pure bliss right now!
    Next mission: a NUK pacifier!

Congrats! The boys though? pftt. The girls ones are cuter! I kid i kid. lol

well done lad... well done

hey... it might sound weird... I was a bedwetter until I was 17... and discovered during that time, that I liked diapers a lot...
    well after the bedwetting stopped (about which I am very grateful to this very day btw) I still had a good supply of diapers at home, and I didn't "Stop" wearing for another 4 or 6 month... back then I still used to live with my parents and just told them that I felt rather unsecure / weird without them (I hate wet beds)... but then the diapers were gone... I still wet the bed like twice a year (mostly when I'm overly tired or "wasted"...) ... I talked about wanting diapers "for some occasions" with my mom back then (it never was an issue, because growing up with that "topic" kind of made it more natural to talk about it)... she said like "fine... you can go and buy a bag... but you're old enough to get the diapers on your own".
    I was in a rather devastated state of mind... Buy my own diapers...? hell no way...
    I knew where to get the Tenas I used to wear (mom picked them up at a local med supply store usually)... but I never was there when she bought them..
    So there I was a day later in that store asking for the Tena diapers I used to wear...
    I could have died from being nervous... I felt so exposed, so torn... I had prepared like a ton of stories to tell in any event... blah blah... but you know what?
    They just went to the storage, got two packs of the tenas, told me the price, wrote it up ... and that's it.
    buying diapers was easy...
    Two years later I moved out on my own... first real job after the apprenticeship... my own place, my own money... now one to bother... and buying diapers became "natural"... although I always took the car or my motorcycle out of town to get my diapers... didn't fancy walking into some friends or so...
    Then came online shopping

AndrewThatsMyName

*like*

That's Great! I would never have the guts to buy diapers with my parents' groceries.

Hah, nice :P I'm from pittsburgh too But usually when I buy diapers it's online, since I got a job I convinced my mom I was mature enough to have a debit card :3
    Also when I tried goodnites, they leaked after one wetting :/ I'm more of a bambinos person :P

Boblios

Unhappy First time buying

iv been into the tb/dl for a long ime now and i always got samples of the web but it takes too long and its now too risky. So i want to go to Boots in my town and buy drynites there but i dont know if i have the guts to do so :/
    what was it like for yoU? did anyone look at you funny or say anything?

PaddedPuppy

In about 5 mins from now, You're about to notice that you posted this in the wrong subforum...

Anyway, It will just feel like everyone is watching you. Really, Nobody cares what you are up to. The chances of seeing someone you know are low. The chances of that person knowing what you are doing are even lower. You just get really nervous.

And the checkout assistants usually don't care either. If they were to say anything, They could lose their job. Most Boots stores have self scan checkouts anyway.

Just make sure you pick up what you want. Don't go running in and out, to find out you made a huge mistake...

Good Luck.

I tell everyone to take there time, check the size, make sure your getting the right kind and all that. I realize that nobody really does that the first time, but MAYBE you could be the exception.

The reality is nobody give a rats ass what your buying or why your buying it.

It will be scary, just remember that NOBODY CARES! They are much to concerned over what there buying themselves, and the checkout people have seen it all so they don't care either. They just want to get you processed as fast as possible so they make their money.

Good luck...

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    I tell everyone to take there time, check the size, make sure your getting the right kind and all that. I realize that nobody really does that the first time, but MAYBE you could be the exception.

The reality is nobody give a rats ass what your buying or why your buying it.

It will be scary, just remember that NOBODY CARES! They are much to concerned over what there buying themselves, and the checkout people have seen it all so they don't care either. They just want to get you processed as fast as possible so they make their money.

Good luck...

Exactly. Oh and hope you have sent a reply back to Pichu's runescape guide. He's been going on about it all morning...

Nope. Nobody cares. Really. Nobody cares. And even if they do, they're not going to say anything. What the hell business is it of theirs? Going up to a stranger in public and asking "excuse me, but are you buying nappies to wear for pleasure". or "excuse me, are you wearing a nappy for pleasure" is arguably wierder behaviour than wearing for pleasure in the first place. 99% of it is in your head. The only thing you ever have to worry about is the people who actually know you.

But to answer your question, nervous as hell...