Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never wanted to wear a bib but now I like it.

Default I never wanted to wear a bib but now I like it.

I never asked my wife I wanted a bib.I got some onesies and rompers that I showed her .She seems to enjoy finding baby things for me. She told me she was out shopping at the goodwill store when she saw 4 big baby bibs with cute prints on them so she got them.It made so happy she did that for me.I enjoy her putting my bib on me.She told she loves how close we are now.Last night I layed with my head in her lap as she gave me a bottle.I asked her if she think she will get sick of this. She told me she love playing mommy and if I want back off a bit she understand. I told her this is fine.She is a therapist and I do trust her love.

Awws, that's adorable, I always love to hear little inspirational life story's like this. It's always wonderful when AB/DL roles brings couples closer together, in my opinion anyway. Congrats. I've never really been big on bibs myself, but I can surely relate to the bonding experience. I wish you two the best~ Stunner
    PS: I think more members of ADISC should focus on experiences like this, and openly discuss them so that it might lend a little more hope to those having difficult times discussing this side of themselves with their significant others or close people in their lives, just a thought.

I never thought that I would want a bib until I saw one for sale on eBay. Most adult bibs are ridiculously huge and actual baby bibs, to small. This one looked like it was just the right size and when I got it it turned out that it was! it comes down to the top of my belly, instead of all the way down almost to my waist, like most that I have seen. I usually wear it terry cloth side out, but the other day I was eating some oatmeal and I turned it vinyl side out. It made me decide to try to eat a little more babyishly, mushing the stuff out of my mouth to let some of it fall onto the bib. It was great fun and lent an air of reality to my play, even though I was feeding, and eventually cleaning, myself.

My problem with bibs and messy eating is that I never used a bib or ate messily when I was a child. My parents actually worried that I was somehow seriously delayed or incredibly lazy, since I was almost 4 before I'd start feeding myself all the time. It turns out I just wanted to do it properly, so I went from being spoon fed by my parents to using a knife and fork almost perfectly.

Bibs and being messy just don't do anything for me.

On the other hand, if it's working for you then that's great Especially if it's bringing you closer together as a couple Stories like this are always inspiring!

I kinda have a thing for bibs. I don't currently have any, but I was thinking of getting one from bibbitybop.com. They have adult bibs with semi babyish prints. Also, they are pretty affordable, just 18 bucks. I'm not necessarily a messy eater, but it definitely adds to the babyish feel

Bibs can be great for eating messy things like spaghetti. No more red sauce on your baby or "big boy" clothes.

ToddlerTommy

I like bibs when eating messy stuff, chips & salsa, spaghetti, etc...

The best bibs I ever found were toddler bibs but they were originally designed to go over the shoulders of the toddler. You could snip one little strap at the bottom of the "shoulder part" of them and make a perfect sided AB Bib. They were vinyl with blues clues and other character designs. I have not seem them recently, but they used to be at regular stores like babysRus, Target, Walgreens, etc... (or your local equivalent). I haven't seen them recently, and the over the shoulder ones now have velcro instead of "strings" and its a bit short, but velcro is easy to extend, any hardware store, cord straps :p

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by stunner View Post
    Awws, that's adorable, I always love to hear little inspirational life story's like this. It's always wonderful when AB/DL roles brings couples closer together, in my opinion anyway. Congrats. I've never really been big on bibs myself, but I can surely relate to the bonding experience. I wish you two the best~ Stunner
    PS: I think more members of ADISC should focus on experiences like this, and openly discuss them so that it might lend a little more hope to those having difficult times discussing this side of themselves with their significant others or close people in their lives, just a thought.
    Telling my wife brought us much closer together. It was one of the best decisions of my life.

A couple of sites Specially For You.com, easy access clothing.com. Havde bibs. A 17 inch terry with plastic back is a good choice. Kelly.

My wife bought me a bib for Christmas too, and it was completely unexpected. I think she got if from Big Baby Boutique. It's a good size, gray blue with bunnies on it. I had been kidding her that I wanted a chicken dish. I know this will take some explaining. When I was a little kid, my mom got this glass dish where the base was shaped like a nest, and the top, which was the cover, was shaped like a chicken. It was white glass, and I think the comb was painted red. She would cut up my chicken and put it in the dish, and then I would eat the chicken. Did I mention that I was a horrible finicky eater? My wife found one on line and got me my chicken dish and the bib. Now when we have chicken she or I cut up the cooked chicken and put it in the chicken dish. Then I get my bib and become amazingly little. Life is good.