Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouija Board = Bad Idea

Thumbs down Ouija Board = Bad Idea

So, for those of you who are uncertain about ouija boards and other people who have experienced strange things with ouija boards, Let me just say that messing with ouija boards is a bad idea. I'm pretty sure I've now unleashed 2 demons in my house and they're fairly pissed off at me. I would elaborate but you'd all think I'm crazy. Heck, I think I'm crazy for believing all this strange stuff. But, lo and behold, I'm now losing sleep over some very odd occurences in my household. Wish me luck lol. I think I'm gonna need it.

I don't personally believe, but I've always taken the view that Ouija Boards, sceances, etc were either a complete waste of time, or meddling with forces you don't understand - either way, a bad idea.

The way they keep turning up among US teenagers puzzles me though. I never heard of anyone using one when I was at school. Is it some sort of rebellion against the more omnipresent Christian culture in the US?

Perhaps you should talk to a priest?

well, i feel that a priest would essentially tell me what most of my other religious friends have told me. It's all valid advice, but none of it directly helps. However, I have become a bit more faithful due to my experiences with the board, and I feel that that helps.

And in regards to your curiosity of american teenagers, the only way i can explain it is that Americans all feel that their life is essentially, a movie. They try all these outlandish things for the sake of simply playing this dramatic role to make their lives much more grand than they really are. Of course this is only a theory of mine and it's broad enough to where it could be applied to almost anyone so, take what I say with a grain of salt. lol

I might wish you luck as you ask, but I don't actually believe in that either. Probability just is.

There is nothing special about a ouija board. The thought that you'd unleashed something special because of the board amounts to spotlight fallacy. A board is a piece of wood, and the name "ouija" is a Parker Brothers trademark. It has no special properties.

I don't understand it. I see no reason why an Ouija board would be magical or supernatural in the first place. The idea doesn't really make much sense to me. It's just some kind of board game thing.

Ouija boards are such a hoax, imo.

You're the one moving the piece..

Butterfly Mage

I've never had one single teacher that throughout ouija boards were good to use. Not one. There are much safer forms of divination -- runes, tarot cards, etc.

Meh, Ouija board aren't paranormal, it's simply a psychological trick. Try it with everyone blindfolded, and preferably with a board you and other participants are not familiar with (and record it), it should help you demystify it ^^

Beside, Ouija is yes in French and German... kind of a lame name Not to mention it was invented as a commercial parlour game, not as a divination tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Meh, Ouija board aren't paranormal, it's simply a psychological trick. Try it with everyone blindfolded, and preferably with a board you and other participants are not familiar with (and record it), it should help you demystify it ^^

Beside, Ouija is yes in French and German... kind of a lame name Not to mention it was invented as a commercial parlour game, not as a divination tool.
    Good one. Logically, if your hands are supposed to be guided by a spirit, then you shouldn't need to be able to see the board. You just need an un-blindfolded spotter who isn't participating to note down the letters.