Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faking bedwetting

Default Faking bedwetting

Hey I know there are other threads on this but I would just like to have some feedback on what I might be thinking of doing.

Ok, so I get sick a lot do to a heart disease that I had in elementary school. I was thinking that next time I have a high fever I could fake wetting the bed(maybe not enough to completely soak every thing but enough to soak my pajamas) I would then explain to my mom that I had been in a haze and slept right through the wetting. Would continue to do this for about a week and hopefully by then she will have bought me diapers (I know my mom and Im pretty sure she will. If she dosn't I could maybe indirectly hint it. Does this sound like a good plan. I would already be taken to a doctor and probably have it blamed on the fever. Any questions? Any andivise?

I dont think this is really a good idea because even if u get up to the part of the doctor
    they wont just go with the fever. They will check other things besides the fever and trust
    me by what i heard its unpleasant. I would highly recommend not doing this. Trust me you will
    regret it. Also its a little dishonest and extra work for your mom to clean the sheets and Pajamas for you and to
    waste money on the diapers. I would rather have my parents find out or sneak them in if i was in your situation.
    And also i recommend making a intro thread . Hate to think your only here to ask that question.
    Last edited by Noodle; 20-Feb-2011 at 06:40.

AndrewThatsMyName

What Noodle said.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Hey I know there are other threads on this but I would just like to have some feedback on what I might be thinking of doing.

Ok, so I get sick a lot do to a heart disease that I had in elementary school. I was thinking that next time I have a high fever I could fake wetting the bed(maybe not enough to completely soak every thing but enough to soak my pajamas) I would then explain to my mom that I had been in a haze and slept right through the wetting. Would continue to do this for about a week and hopefully by then she will have bought me diapers (I know my mom and Im pretty sure she will. If she dosn't I could maybe indirectly hint it. Does this sound like a good plan. I would already be taken to a doctor and probably have it blamed on the fever. Any questions? Any andivise?
    My advice is NOT to do it. There is a large possibility that this will backfire on you. Keep in mind that bedwetting is considered a medical condition by doctors. Therefore, they will try to find a cause of it, then try to cure it, and if that isn't practical/possible, then reduce the effect of the symptoms on a person's life. Applied to bedwetting this means: the first thing that most likely will happen is a visit to the doctor's to find the cause, which I've heard involves painful tests. Then, they'll try to find a way to cure via alarms that shock you awake if you start to wet - not diapers. If that turns out to not work or your mom decides she doesn't want to try that, then you may get diapers to manage your so-called bedwetting. Odds of that all working out in your favor? Not good. The odds get even lower when you consider that you'll have to wet one diaper a night or else she'll suspect something.

On top of that, it is really dishonest as Noodle said to make your parents pay for diapers. You do not need them - you want them. If it is sexual for you, it's like asking your parents to pay for a sex toy or condoms. Think about that for a few minutes and consider if you really want your parents involved (albeit indirectly) in your sex life.

Don't fake it, you might end up getting put on drugs like Desmopressin which is something you don't want to be taking if you don't have a real problem.

Yea, I know what could go wrong but I think if I only do it a couple nights while I have a hi fever I could say I was to weak or it was hard to get to the bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Yea, I know what could go wrong but I think if I only do it a couple nights while I have a hi fever I could say I was to weak or it was hard to get to the bathroom
    Still dishonest and not a good idea still. Im pretty sure if you say your too weak they will just get someone to help you or take you to the doctor to see why you are feeling so "weak". Like i said dont try to do this because it will end bad and come back to bite you in the butt somehow.

something like this isn't really advisable, and its also dishonest to have your parents buy something you don't really need. Now if you were legitimatetly wetting the bed because you were really sick, then im all for having you tell your parents about it. But this sort of plan will likely backfire and will land you in some serious trouble, so i advise against doing this.

Guys, guys, this will totally work, just have some faith!

Here's a helpful flowchart for how parents think when it comes to bedwetting:

My child is wetting the bed > Go to the doctor, get tests done > try things that might actually *cure* the problem, like bed wetting alarms or medication > if nothing else works, capitulate to incontinence and buy kid diapers.

So sure, you could probably get diapers this way if you endured all of the above. But that would be:
    1) Deceitful on many levels
    2) A waste of your parents' money
    3) A waste of your and your parents' time and concern
    4) A waste of resources that could be used on someone who really needs them
    5) A tremendous expenditure of effort

Wait until you're old enough to buy them yourself. Seriously, it's really the best way to get diapers.