Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What name would you have chosen?

Default What name would you have chosen?

Out of curiosity and interest,

If we lived in a world/society where, perhaps, until you reach a certain age, you are only given a temp name. At which point you legally choose your OWN first name. In retrospect, would you keep the name you currently have? or do you have a name that you feel fits you better, and you wish you had?

For me, I like my name quite a lot (David) so I would have no motivation to change it. Oddly enough, its my last name (which I'm not giving out) that I have a problem with and wish to change.

Cherub

I would change my first AND last name. I would change my first name to Warren (like the character on X-men 3) and would change my last name to Atraities (similar to the character on DUNE). I think Warren Atraities just sounds really cool together. Plus I like wings and angels and stuff, and Warren from X-men 3 has wings too, so yea, it would fit me better. Just have no idea about whether or not I would keep my middle name, lol

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    I would change my first AND last name. I would change my first name to Warren (like the character on X-men 3) and would change my last name to Atraities (similar to the character on DUNE). I think Warren Atraities just sounds really cool together. Plus I like wings and angels and stuff, and Warren from X-men 3 has wings too, so yea, it would fit me better. Just have no idea about whether or not I would keep my middle name, lol
    First of all, I LOVE DUNE!! (*"LOOONG LIIIVE THE FIIGHTEEERSS!!!"*) secondly, the last name of the family your referring to is spelt "Atreides", the last name to which I also really like. It's a pretty dope last name, If I ever heard one, apart from the last name "Muad'Dib" (As in Paul Muad'Dib (For those who don't know, that last name is also from DUNE and is pronounced to sound like Mooa'Deeb, the first d becomes silent)).The characters entire name is Paul Usul Muad'Dib Atreides, which is in my honest opinion, the best and coolest name EVER!. So you sir have excellent taste.
    Last edited by BabyBlue26; 20-Feb-2011 at 04:58.

Well, as the very, very few people from ADISC that know my full name can attest, it is made of epic win (on top of being very long and very French).

If I had to change my name, I'm not sure what I'd change my family name to, however I would probably change my given name to either Maximilien or Xavier.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm not really sure if I would ever change mine. I've always been a fan of German and French names, a personal favorite is Von Trier, but my name has such a cool familial history. I'm either J___ T___ B___ VI or VII, The records are not quite clear in the pre-american civil war period.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Xavier.
    And this is why it's a terrible idea. Could you imagine how many Spocks and Bella Swans there would be right now? *shudder*

As for me, I would definitely change my name. To what? Not sure yet. I'd do a lot of research. If I'm able to pick my name, I want it to say a lot about me. I want it to have root meanings that reference the traits that I think define my personality. If we're including middle names, I'd probably have a silly one, just to contrast my first and last names. :P

I probably wouldn't change it. I made my name something special even though it's one of the most common names in the US! Better to have a common name than a really weird one because you're more or less stuck with it.

JDdl

my first name, if I were given the choice to change my name, I might contemplate on changing it to Jack, but I definitly wouldn't last name, I really like it.

I would either change my first name to Gabriel or to Adrian. Not really sure why, those two names have just always felt right to me.

Sophie. But that's a whole other problem of mine altogether. Lol. For a male name, I would probably choose... Benjamin, or James. I like both of them, and I've been told more than once I look like a Ben.