Thread: Tommy Tippee Free Air vs C AIR

Red face Tommy Tippee Free Air vs C AIR

I've tried looking for information, and comparing images an such, but I was wondering if anyone knew how the Tommee Tippee C-Air and Free Air soothers compared? It appears that they might be the same; just different names for different countries.

There was a thread on here awhile back, with at least one comment saying that these pacifiers (specifically the C-Air) were a decent size for adults. I can afford the Nuk 5, but I'm not crazy about the Latex. These seem like a nice silicone alternative? Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thank you in advance

crazykittensmile

I have never heard oif the Tommee Tippee Free Air soothers, and a quick google search for 'tommee tippee free air' only brought up information about the C-Air. The Tommee Tippee website (Tommee Tippee - breast feeding, bottle feeding, nappy disposal products for your baby) has no mention of the free air either that I found. It could be that because the new range of C-Air soothers are BPA and phthlate free, where I don't think the originals were, that some people have labelled the newer C-Air pacifier free air. Or, as you said, the difference in name could be between countries. I don't, however, think that there will be a big difference between the pacifiers. Although that said, looking on Tommee Tippee's US website I see the C-Air only comes in two sizes, 0-6 and 6-12 months. In the UK they are available in three sizes, 0-3 months, 3-9 months and 9-18 months.

I don't know, therefore, whether the size of the US 6-12m pacifier nipples will be different to the UK 9-18m pacifier. But I have a Tommee Tippee C-Air in size 9-18 months, and I can confirm that the nipple is definitely a decent size for adults. The nipple is one of the largest baby-sized nipples I have found on any pacifier. The shield is also quite large and suitable for adult mouths. They are not really comparable in size to the Nuk 5 though, they are a similar size to the Nuk 3 Genius.

A little more information on Tommee Tippee's range of pacifiers can be found in my recent pacifier article: http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/1...pacifiers.html

The US Tommee Tippee site just calls them 'Air,' but Babies R Us, who stocks them, uses the 'Free Air' branding. They look the same though. Tommee Tippee BPA Free Air Pacifier 2PK, Blue - 6-18 Months - Tommee Tippee - Babies "R" Us Thank you for your response, and your article was very helpful!

Edit: BPA Free... I'm feeling quite dumb.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJ316 View Post
    The US Tommee Tippee site just calls them 'Air,' but Babies R Us, who stocks them, uses the 'Free Air' branding. They look the same though. Tommee Tippee BPA Free Air Pacifier 2PK, Blue - 6-18 Months - Tommee Tippee - Babies "R" Us Thank you for your response, and your article was very helpful!
    Thank you! I'm glad the article helped.

As for the soother, I think the issue here is that you are reading it 'Tommee Tippee, BPA, Free Air Pacifiert' when it should be read as 'Tommee Tippee, BPA Free, Air Pacifier.'

BPA is a compound often used to make plastics. Until very recently it was found in almost all baby bottles and pacifiers. However, in high doses it has been linked to cancer, erectile dysfunction and other unwanted effects. This caused concern about whether it was safe to use BPA in baby products, and so as parents began to choose to use BPA-free products for their babies most brands which previous had BPA in their plastics have now taken BPA out of their products, and thus label their products as 'BPA free.'

So the product is the normal air pacifier, and the plastic is free from BPA (as are all of Tommee Tippee's baby products now).

Hope that helped

Yeah, I figured that out, hence the edit. I was blushing for an hour. So dumb. lol