Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Abenas any good?

Default Are Abenas any good?

I was planning on buying some Abena plastic backed diapers at some store but wanted to know how good are they?

Can they take 3 or 4 wettings? How loud is the crinkliness and are they soft? Thanks guys.

if you tried depends before... abena is about 10 times better than depend. the only issue is sometimes the tapes dont refasten very well. other than that its a great diaper to have multiple wettings. just dont try to flood it. after the nitial wetting let it trikle out after that and yo should be fine.

crazykittensmile

Abena do lots of different diapers within their range, and how absorbent they are will depend on which diapers in their range are available to you. The Abena M4 (M stands for medium, so they are Abena L4 in large and S4 in small etc) is the most absorbent of Abena's diapers (or, if you can find them the X-Plus, which the M4 replaced) and are definitely considered one of the thickest and most absorbent diapers available. I don't know whether they will hold 3-4 wettings, that would depend on how much you drink and how long you hold before peeing, but they will certainly hold a lot more than most other diapers available. The numbers then decrease with the absorbency, so the Abena M3 (or L3/S3) is less absorbent, the M2 less absorbent again and the M1 least absorbent.

If you are able to get hold of Abena diapers in a local store then you are quite lucky, few stores stock them and most people have to order online. You should definitely try them out, they are likely to be better than, or at least equal to, any other diapers you can buy in stores.

Abenas and Molicares are widely considered the two best diapers, bar none. About a year ago I ordered samples of both (the maximum absorbancy ones, whatever they're called), along with their booster pads. Both are very good....orders of magnitude better than Depends or store brands. Both will easily hold three or four large wettings if used with the boosters, and especially with plastic pants over them. They are fairly thick, and with the booster pads tend to get quite heavy and bulky, especially after several wettings. I happen to enjoy this feeling, but of course that's not for everyone. FWIW, I actually found the Molicares to hold slightly more before starting to leak, but that may have been due to a better fit for my body style. Both, as I said are exceptional in quality. Kind of expensive, though and they have to be mail-ordered.

I've used Abena X-plus - they are thick, hold 2-3 big wettings no problem and have really great tapes which don't come undone easily. I found them to be pretty stiff when you first put them on, but they soften up quickly.

clicksurmoi83

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    Abenas and Molicares are widely considered the two best diapers, bar none. About a year ago I ordered samples of both (the maximum absorbancy ones, whatever they're called), along with their booster pads. Both are very good....orders of magnitude better than Depends or store brands. Both will easily hold three or four large wettings if used with the boosters, and especially with plastic pants over them. They are fairly thick, and with the booster pads tend to get quite heavy and bulky, especially after several wettings. I happen to enjoy this feeling, but of course that's not for everyone. FWIW, I actually found the Molicares to hold slightly more before starting to leak, but that may have been due to a better fit for my body style. Both, as I said are exceptional in quality. Kind of expensive, though and they have to be mail-ordered.
    I think Tena diapers are the third after Abenas and Molicares, don't i?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecomedyoflife View Post
    I was planning on buying some Abena plastic backed diapers at some store but wanted to know how good are they?

Can they take 3 or 4 wettings? How loud is the crinkliness and are they soft? Thanks guys.
    Long story short: get them, they're good.

I believe they've changed for the worse over the past couple years, but in 2009, they were out-of-this-world good. Like being in a cloud.

I use Abenas regularly since Depends don't fit worth a goddamn on me and I am rather impressed with the L3s. That's what I use on a regular basis as I now have to wear diapers.

Abenas are FAR better than crappy Depends diapers. Depends don't fit a guy of my height that well at all. Their larges fit like crap and don't handle a simple wetting that good. That's why I decided I will use the Abenas from now on while I can.

WildThing121675

sarahjae

Man, shouldn't even be a question! X3 Abenas are the bomb!

So if I am trying these for the first time would you recommended the M3's for 8 more in a pack or the M4's for the added bulk.

I guess what I'm asking is how big of a difference is it assuming I am coming from depends fitted max.

Since the price on XP med is roughly the same.

edit:
    Or should I order a few different products sample packs and try them all out? If so what ones (probably molicare/abena since I think trying 24/7 would be wasteful for me)