Thread: Question for Girls

Default Question for Girls

My girlfriend wants me to order some diapers for her and I to try. I don't know what her waist size is, however due to her hip size I'm not sure what kind to get her. I will not disclose her hip size (since she'd say it's private). This brings me to my question: (Girls)How do you measure yourself for diapers? Is it waist, hips or both?

For both men and women it's always best to go by the larger of the two.

I haven't ever measured myself for diapers - I just figured medium would fit me, and they do so I've always bought medium since.

But if I were to measure myself for a diaper I would measure both, and ensure that the diaper you get is large enough for the biggest size. Most diapers overlap in their sizes (eg: small might be 70-90cm and medium 80-110cm) and so I would try to get a diaper which accomodated both hip and waist size (so if hips were 85 and waist 75 I'd get small), but if the sizes don't overlap (eg: hips 95 and waist 75) then I would go for the larger diaper of the two.

Also, if you already own and wear diapers then I suggest you have her try on one of your diapers. Even if you know that she will not be the same size as you, seeing how small/large your diapers are on her could help you both get a better idea of which size she will need.

Hips are important for girls since they are usually bigger. But since diapers fit a wide range of sizes you can probably look at her pants and go by that.

Thank you so much everyone for your comments and suggestions. We've just decided that I'll get a size large and/or have her try on some of mine. I've been meaning to get a larger size anyways. For some reason medium size Bambinos don't fit me. :P

I go with my hip measurements because I can always cinch the waist in tighter. If the waist fits but the hips don't, it's uncomfortable.

Thank you, that's what I figured (girls have big hips ), however most diaper companies only seem to give waist size only. :P So I guess what I'm asking now is there a way to approximate how something will fit you by hips based on the waist size they give you?