Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wearinig diapers 24/7... can it lead to incontinence?

Default wearinig diapers 24/7... can it lead to incontinence?

i have heard mixed answers and am wondering out of curiosity...

I don't have first hand knowledge in this so someone else here may be better equipped to answer the question but I will tell you what I've heard. After extended 24/7 use, you can essentially untrain your bladder so that you will simply 'go' without any thought. Sort of reverse potty-training. Does that count as true incontinence? Well, that depends on your definition of incontinence but it is the closest you can reasonably get without permanently hurting yourself. My understanding is that if you reverse potty-train, it can take some time to retrain your bladder once you decide you no longer want to wear 24/7. Also, you are new here so I should mention that if this discussion starts to lead toward 'how do I become permanently incontinent?', it will be shut down as that is against our rules. We don't advocate that anyone hurt themselves permanently.

Well, I started to wet while doing my work on my computer desk. I wonder if that will lead to helping me pee while lying down?

Quote Originally Posted by wbtmbone View Post
    i have heard mixed answers and am wondering out of curiosity...
    Like happydl, I don't have first hand knowledge, but I am friends with two AB/DLs who have had two different results from wearing 24/7.

One become incontinent as a result of 24/7 wearing and he still is partially incontinent after not having worn diapers for over a year.

On the other hand, his wife wears 24/7 and has since 2002 and still has full control of her bladder.

Essentially, yes it may or may not happen, it largely depends on the person.

Butterfly Mage

I don't think wearing diapers can make one incontinent. After all, you're still consciously deciding to urinate, whether you're wetting a diaper or using the toilet.

Alecs

I don't know personally(a lot of us I guess haha) but I have a friend who wears 24/7(I mean it, even through airport security) and he says that sometimes he'll just be wet without noticing.
    There may be a somewhat loss of merge or control, but it wouldn't cause what you're saying. It'd would be easy to retrain oneself, which is impossible if you're actually IC.
    So the answer is no, you cannot become IC from 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    Also, you are new here so I should mention that if this discussion starts to lead toward 'how do I become permanently incontinent?', it will be shut down as that is against our rules. We don't advocate that anyone hurt themselves permanently.
    ya i am not meaning it that way lol. i have just seen and heard it a lot and have heard different things. just hoping to hear truth. and ya the comments have been great. 8)

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    Essentially, yes it may or may not happen, it largely depends on the person.
    ya thats what i have heard. and what i have seen on here lol. thanks for the comment. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by justbasta View Post
    Well, I started to wet while doing my work on my computer desk. I wonder if that will lead to helping me pee while lying down?
    It's just a matter of improving your conscious control, being able to override the automatic controls of your body. Getting better at controlling your bladder in one situation will help your control in other situations. (speaking from experience) I can remember not too long ago that it was a huge struggle to go while in a diaper in any situation, standing, sitting, laying, walking, in a car, etc. Just had to take on the challenges one at a time. Work on what's easier, and when you get that down, move on to something harder.

Yes you can and will eventually loose complete control. By not using those muscles, they are loosing strength. Think of it like weightlifting.. if you don't continue to lift, your muscle mass decreases. Same concept. It will take a while for this to happen but you'll eventually get there. It's a actually two processes working; one being you loosing muscle control, the other is that it just becomes easier to go and if you just go in your diaper whenever you feel the urge, eventually your nervous system will start acting on its own without consulting you as it knows what to do already.. you've trained it to become an automatic response.

ive worn pretty much 24/7 for the past few years and ive noticed taht its become much easier to wet and mess. like other people have said its probly a combo of both it being a natural thing over time but it also takes some effort to. ive tried to just let go a lot and thats how its become easier for me to wet. i havent really put in the effort much tho, so if its happening for me then its gonna be a while before im needing diapers for real.