Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delayed Introduction

Default Delayed Introduction

Hello random people of adisc.

Ive been lurking on this sight for quite some time but never had the gall to post a public introduction.

Then I started reading a story on the forum call Lab project 52, after a few pages the "you need to level up first message appeared" I wanted to finish the story so here I am posting an introduction lol.

Oh so anyways the names Page.

Im a DL ' ' ' ' ' ummm thats all I have to say on that without any inquiry.

Outside of the diaper stuff though ive got a life ^_^ Im currently in school working towards becoming an artist "well my end goal is to land a job in the animation industry see"

Kk thats it for my first post, hopefully I didnt forget to add anything.

nimimerkki702

Hi there, and welcome to ADISC! I hope you will enjoy your time here!

Quote Originally Posted by Page67 View Post
    Hello random people of adisc.

Ive been lurking on this sight for quite some time but never had the gall to post a public introduction.

Then I started reading a story on the forum call Lab project 52, after a few pages the "you need to level up first message appeared" I wanted to finish the story so here I am posting an introduction lol.

Oh so anyways the names Page.

Im a DL ' ' ' ' ' ummm thats all I have to say on that without any inquiry.

Outside of the diaper stuff though ive got a life ^_^ Im currently in school working towards becoming an artist "well my end goal is to land a job in the animation industry see"

Kk thats it for my first post, hopefully I didnt forget to add anything.
    hello and welcome. Animation can be a lot of fun, but it, and the rest of the creative fields are so hard to break into. I wish you good luck there. Have you done any projects so far? Anything you'd show off? Do you do 2D flash type stuff or 3D?

I work in 2D and im old school, as in everything by hand =)

As far as projects go no I dont have anything worth showing. Currently im just taking art classes at a community college but Im hoping to transfer to "Academy of Art San Francisco" Next year.
    And hey thanks for the replys. Honestly I was gonna be kinda bummed out if no one said anything.

Hey there Page! I love the look of hand-drawn animation. Who's your favorite animator?

I work in 2D and im old school, as in everything by hand =)

As far as projects go no I dont have anything worth showing. Currently im just taking art classes at a community college but Im hoping to transfer to "Academy of Art San Francisco" Next year.
    And hey thanks for the replys. Honestly I was gonna be kinda bummed out if no one said anything.
    Hand-drawn? Now that's gutsy! And probably a dying art. I love it though!

*sighs* ya it certainly is dying. Im taking a beginners course in 3D animation as well just in case.

As for my favorite animator . . .

Well ive never bothered to learn the names of the animators themselves but I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. And then I suppose Disney.

*sighs* ya it certainly is dying. Im taking a beginners course in 3D animation as well just in case.

As for my favorite animator . . .

Well ive never bothered to learn the names of the animators themselves but I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. And then I suppose Disney.
    ah, now here's the trick-once you Learn the principles, then it's just learning the tools, and there's not any better way to learn than by starting at the beginning. I give you loads of credit for hand drawn animation. I do some cartography as a hobby, mostly digital these days, but having done hand drawn maps, I can only begin to imagine the work that goes into a hand drawn animation!!

Thank you for the credit =)

So you draw maps in your spare time? Sounds like an intresting hobby all be it unusual.

But why maps? Is it your job or a leasure activity?

I wish I were on my computer instead of my iPhone, or I'd post my most recent thing. But yeah, I make maps, mostly of fantasy settings that I could theoretically use for role playing games. I've loved maps since I was a little kid actually. My great grandmother had a cabinet full of old maps her and my great grandfather had accumulated during their family road trips (1940s-1960s) that I could look at for hours. Actually, I have that collection now, as the family gave me that whole cabinet when they were cleaning out her house years ago. I've since added to the collection as well, and I now have Michigan and other road maps dating back as far as 1922. And yeah, I do enjoy making them too, although sadly it's super time consuming (even digitally, as digital more allows me to correct errors and change things more than makes the process easier) so things like fixing the cracks in the walls of my house or other stuff gets in the way.

So how did you get into hand drawn animation?