Thread: Diapers and epilepsy

Default Diapers and epilepsy

My girlfriend is epileptic and occasionally she has a seizure while asleep, and she wets the bed. She can feel a seizure coming on, i.e feels light headed before going to bed. Do you think it would be a good idea for her to wear a diaper to bed in cases like this? I know this probably sounds like some kind of DL fantasy, but seriously, looking at diapers practically..

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I mean if you think it would legitimately want to help and don't just want to see her in diapers then thats fine. I mean they are a legitimate means of taking care of this kind of an issue so I can see where you are coming from.

Epilepsy must be hard. How often do the seizures occurs? I would at least put a reusable pad underneath the sheets and make the offer of some protection if she wants it. Leaky bladders are difficult for anyone to deal with but if you know it is coming, then it would be best to be ready. No one DL or not likes wet sheets and wet pajamas at 2:00am. Also she must be very tired a day or two after the seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-molicare View Post
    My girlfriend is epileptic and occasionally she has a seizure while asleep, and she wets the bed. She can feel a seizure coming on, i.e feels light headed before going to bed. Do you think it would be a good idea for her to wear a diaper to bed in cases like this? I know this probably sounds like some kind of DL fantasy, but seriously, looking at diapers practically..

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    No experience.

Yes, this would be fine. Look, it's hot, but it's also practical. Is this better than waking up to a wet bed AND peeing all over your partner? Probably, yes.

Of course, this all assumes that you're doing all you can on the seizure side of things.

I've read some articles about this online...do a quick google search.
    Looks like there are quite a few epileptics out there who manage seizure complications this way.

(It is a DL fantasy though)

Thanks, good to see others share the same views. I did recently tell her about the whole DL thing and she was very supportive and suggested we try it together sometime, obviously I'm thrilled but I may need to wait a while before bringing up the 'diapers/epilepsy' as it may come across as me just plotting to get her in a diaper

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-molicare View Post
    Thanks, good to see others share the same views. I did recently tell her about the whole DL thing and she was very supportive and suggested we try it together sometime, obviously I'm thrilled but I may need to wait a while before bringing up the 'diapers/epilepsy' as it may come across as me just plotting to get her in a diaper
    "Damn. It's awful that you wake up in a wet bed. You know, I have these things here that just so happen to be good at catching urine and keeping it away from the bed... I'm just sayin'."

My 2 Cents is that it is clearly the solution for her - but I think it important to say that just because it is a dl fantasy which would please you DOES NOT make it unethical, and in fact, since you two sleep together already, fulfilling each others' fantasies SHOULD BE part of the relationship. (No harm being done otherwise, nothing illegal, immoral, or fattening, all the ethical usuals.: I have no guilt over any of my turnons; that's what fantasy is for. The fact that most of them won't happen, even can't happen, or that I would not want them to actually happen is beside the point.

I have been with one person while fantasizing about another, for instance; and it was great. If that fantasy got me off better, which led to her increased fun, then so be it.

I have had seizures, and have been a life long bedwetter. While diapers and absorbent underpads are great, I would suggest that you NEVER suggest to her that she should use diapers, never even hint to it, or suggest anything like it!!! Suggesting such a thing could very well be a major blow to your girlfriend, and she will most likely take it the wrong way, or at the least take it very negatively. Finding out you have epilepsy and dealing with it is hard enough, but feeling you now need to use diapers can be a major blow mentally
    Remember, we dont mind diapers, but most people dont, and would do anything to never have to wear one! I am 100% certain that if your girlfriend is wetting the bed, that she is totally aware diapers are a option, and the decision to use them, should be made on her own, without you suggesting that she actually needs them.
    Be as supportive as you can, let her know you are there to help in any way you can, be sensitive to her emotions, and leave it at that. If you two sleep together, and she never decides to go with diapers, and you get pee on you, dont make it a big deal, just offer to change the sheets and help her out, and go back to bed. The bedwetting is only a very minor issue, the epilepsy is what you should worry about.

I was born with it and diagnosis epilepsy disorder I had so many seizures when I was a kid it has mental handicapped me with a child like mind, so I know from I what it like experience it, and I wear a diaper to it been long I'm seizure's free now. However, I would ask here how she felt about, and if she is wetting not to bad maybe a pull up would be a better idea for her, so she can remove them to go to the bathroom if it a good night for her. Furthermore, Another thing that work if you got animal a dog or cat if they are very mild one have her sitting and patting the animal I don't know what it does, but somehow it prevented it further from me going into full blowing seizures. If you do have a pet watch them with her, they can tell when she about to have one. Somehow they can cent it happening, and they will act fun like stay with you and not leave your side or try to get your attention.

If Was the boyfriend tell here you lover her and care very much about her, but maybe it would be good Idea to have a bed padded or wear protects at night so you don't ruin your cloth or the bed with the seizure during the night time you are having. I know it would be embarrassing for you if you decided to use protecting, but I don't care I love you no matter what. I'm doing this because I care about you know I would do anything to help you. Why don't you think about it? I'm not trying to force you like I said it a suggesting. I figure it may help you deal with this seizure when it happening so you can get a better night sleep if it does happen.
    Last edited by Poohbearboy; 15-Feb-2011 at 13:54.