Thread: Who says we don't have true heros living among us?

Default Who says we don't have true heros living among us?

Check out the true story of a soldier who fought 40 armed men to keep an 18 year old girl from being raped in front of her parents.

Soldier fought 40 armed men

2nd story has a pic of what he was armed with facing both knives and guns

Incredible. There is honor in service to your country, irregardless of what country you serve. I can tell you that from first hand experience. I just hope that I never have to do something like that Soldier did. In addition, I hope that if I do, when that time comes I'll be ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranthor View Post
    Incredible. There is honor in service to your country, irregardless of what country you serve. I can tell you that from first hand experience. I just hope that I never have to do something like that Soldier did. In addition, I hope that if I do, when that time comes I'll be ready for it.
    Why is saving an innocent person from rape a service to one's country? Seems to me like more of a service to that girl and her family, or humanity, if you want to get broad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maytricks View Post
    Why is saving an innocent person from rape a service to one's country? Seems to me like more of a service to that girl and her family, or humanity, if you want to get broad.
    You have a good point there. I just thought it was cool that he was a Soldier in his home country.

Soldiers are sheepdogs. Protectors of the american flock. Heroes are just people who do what's right.