Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Diaper Question

Default Cloth Diaper Question

Okay well sorry for the question but I just ordered the LeakMaster Adult All In One Cloth Diapers , Leak Master Adult All In One Cloth Diaper and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? I couldn't find any reviews so I am really unsure of its absorbency and comfort. So does anyone have experience with these?

I have never used this particular diaper. Judging from the description, I'm guessing it's more of a day-weight diaper, good for a couple of wettings then needs to be changed. But like I said, that's just an educated guess on my part.

Unfortunately I've heard some bad comments about them. Because they're all in one, when the plastic outer part wears out, you don't have a product you can really use. The other thing I have heard is that they take a long time to dry. I would think you would want to line dry them because the dryer would deteriorate the plastic.

If you had come to adisc before purchasing them I would have suggested to you that you purchase a pre-fold diaper and a separate pair of plastic pants. My diaper of choice, through the Altogether Diaper Company which sells Leakmaster, is a night time weight, gauze pre-fold diaper. I also enjoy the Leakmaster high back plastic pants. They cover a cloth diaper better. After all, if you're in bed, you probably don't want to leak.

The benefits by doing this is that you can wash the diaper in your washing machine and then dry it in the dryer. The plastic pants I wash in the shower when I'm showering. I use dish washing detergent. Body oils will eventually destroy the plastic pants, so washing with a dish washing detergent cuts the oil generated from the body. Then I hang the plastic pants to dry in my basement, a place were visiting eyes don't go.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayonK View Post
    Okay well sorry for the question but I just ordered the LeakMaster Adult All In One Cloth Diapers , Leak Master Adult All In One Cloth Diaper and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? I couldn't find any reviews so I am really unsure of its absorbency and comfort. So does anyone have experience with these?
    I have one of these. They're quite good. Both the inner and outer fabric is quite soft, and the Velcro tabs and reinforced seams make it pretty easy to get a good fit. The leg elastic is tight, without being uncomfortable. As for absorbency - I'd say two average wettings. They can't cope as well as premium disposables, but that's par for the course. I haven't had one long enough to comment on the degradation of the PUL outer layer, but I can confirm that they do take a while to dry. I wring mine out and stick it in the airing cupboard after removing it from the washing machine, and it takes about 48 hours to dry.

I still wear mine occasionally, but generally, I find pocket nappies with separate soakers to be less trouble, if you can get hold of them.
    Last edited by Akastus; 12-Feb-2011 at 10:41.

ralary

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    I have never used this particular diaper. Judging from the description, I'm guessing it's more of a day-weight diaper, good for a couple of wettings then needs to be changed. But like I said, that's just an educated guess on my part.
    I like the diaper design

Thanks for the replies! I'm definitely doing my research and coming here before decisions like that from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayonK View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I'm definitely doing my research and coming here before decisions like that from now on.
    no worries! The only reason I was able to guess at it is because I've been using cloth for six years now

I have 2 of these and they leak like crazy....I still need plastic pants with them.

I have a pair and love them, except for the taking forever to dry feature.

I've worn them to bed a few times, and so far haven't had any leak problems.

They won't hold as much as my nighttime cloth and plastic pants, but the look and feel is outstanding. Sometimes I'll wear them just for the diaper feel without wetting them. They go on and off quick and easy. If I could have only one diaper these probably wouldn't be it, but I'm awfully glad I got them.

I got my cloth diaper yesterday and I love it! It's so comfy and soft and.. Well right now kinda wet >.<. Now to figure out how to wash them lololol