Thread: Deathsmiles

Default Deathsmiles

Yeah, I got the XBox 360 version of Deathsmiles as a birthday present a few days ago.

It's a shame that most of the Japanese voices were not retained, but it's an awesome game nonetheless.

I can make it through most of the game on "Level 3" difficulty without continuing, but the optional level and the final two bosses are a real bitch.

Here's a gameplay trailer to show you what you are missing if you have never heard of this game.

Yeah, it's insane. I'm not sure if I'll ever get full gamerscore on this one.

Wow. Creepy, chaotic, not something I'll be getting anytime soon, though.

It does look like a fairly cool new age, nontraditional 2D side-scroller though. It's just a bit nuts for my taste, lol.
    Thanks for the preview though. Good luck with that thing.

He, I might get it eventually. I do like playing 'shumps once in a while (I have both Ikaruga and Triggerheart Exelica on the 360), tough I'm terrible at them (and I have no patience, so I always play them in short doses).

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    Yeah, it's insane. I'm not sure if I'll ever get full gamerscore on this one.
    No shame in that... lol

That looks insane but a lot of fun. Now if only I had a current generation console at all let alone the 360 lol

Am I right from looking at the video though that it's one of them games where the hitbox is smaller then the character? After all some of them attacks look like they would be very hard without such.

Hehe. I have that. Got it when it first came out and have had the faceplate on my 360 since then. Right up my alley :3

And yes, there is a small heart on the character that serves as the hitbox, so much smaller than the character. Confused me the first time I played.

So did the Mary, the Demon Cow boss for that matter. But hey, when else can you see an evil cow explode?