Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm an arrogant misanthropic @$$-hole with a dash of cynicism and a twist of lemon

Default I'm an arrogant misanthropic @$$-hole with a dash of cynicism and a twist of lemon

Good scotch, untouched powder, and a fresh diaper. Thats what life is all about.
    After high school I spent some years as a children's ski instructor, best choice I've ever made. Yeah, it set back my education a bit, but I got to live life on my own terms at a time when I was young, wild, and carefree, the best time to find yourself. Now that I've matured some I'm back at university, working on a degree(with any luck a masters)in Geology, and maybe a minor in Geophysics, but I hate math so that may not happen.
    On a side note, being a ski instructor is the best job in the world for a DL, it's always cool enough to wear comfortably, and ski pants are so bulky and swishy you can wear ANYTHING under them, no matter how big or noisy.

with a dash of cynicism and a twist of lemon
    sounds like tastes of bitters, or maybe a nice Cinzano or Dubonnet

To be brutally honest, a dirty martini made with bathtub gin and served in a red plastic cup is probably more accurate.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

yojojo

Hello Zedd and Welcome to ADISC, its always good to have new members here. Sking is something i love to do, unfortunatly its an expensive hobby, and artificial ski slopes just dont cut it.
    Have you read the Site Rules yet ? they always have lots of important information in them.

As for Geology you ever been in a lave tube ? i would love to go in an underground lave tube, 'obviously an extinct lava tube' lol, speaking of lava tubes, are they called lava tubes, or lava flows ?
    I always had an intrest in geology, Earth Quakes, Volcanos, Neolithic Man, Homo Erecticus, Saligtites and the Tectonic Plates

Well enjoy the website and have a great time
    All the best

Unfortunatly I havent yet had the chance to crawl around in any old lava tubes, but it would be fun, and while not lava flows in and of themselves, they are a common feature of flows.

If you ever plan on taking a ski holiday you should drop me a line, i can point you to some great places in this part of the world.

Loopygone

I guess I'll say Hi as well, you should count your self lucky, I rarely reply to intro threads..... :P Always nice to see another misanthropic cynical bastard, you ever seen Charlie Brooker? He's the king. :X

you'll find you aren't the only arrogant misanthropic @$$-hole with a dash of cynicism and a twist of lemon amongst our membership here. welcome to ADISC; i think you'll fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    you'll find you aren't the only arrogant misanthropic @$$-hole with a dash of cynicism and a twist of lemon amongst our membership here. welcome to ADISC; i think you'll fit right in.
    yeah, this probably defines most people on the internet as a whole.

I'm glad to be here, seems like a much more mature forum than some others I've had a look at.
    Now if I could just find the "Buy a Round of Pints" button I'll be set

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    you ever seen Charlie Brooker? He's the king. :X
    Sorry, I don't read the Guardian, but I do have a hard-on for Douglass Adams, and I always enjoy Matt Frei's take on America
    Last edited by Kale; 11-Feb-2011 at 09:20. Reason: Merged posts

Loopygone

I've always enjoyed Douglas Adams one of my fave authors . Charlie Brooker doesn't just write for the Guardian (although his coloums are very funny :P) He does quite a lot of tv work as well. Screenwipe, Newswipe, and at the moment a show called "How TV ruined your Life". Check out YouTube - Aspirational tv - Charlie Brooker :P